Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Mindfullness - it helps!

14 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some of my friends swear by Meditation...they say nothing else is needed!   Well, I am not to that point yet, but am willing to try the meditation.  I have read up on it yesterday and plan to really focus on trying!  I will let everyone know any helpful tips I learn and my progress with it!  Good luck to Everyone!

Lisa
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes i totally agree, I've been doing lots of meditation lately as soon as i get home after work and it's paying off.
It helps you get in touch with your inner peace and gets u connected with each part of your body.

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haven't done it since my hippy days. Closest I get is to do something mindless and repetative in my shop. Close to the same I guess.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meditation really works for me. I sound like a commercial, lol.  I've practiced it often enough that now on normal days - days when nothing in particular is bothering me - I go into a relaxation mode very quickly.  I try and meditate in the same spot at home.  On days when something very stressful happens and I can't catch my breath, I might have to do a muscle relaxation technique first, then meditation.  It's a good alone-time.  Definitely a good thing to do. 
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Michael,

Excellent! I am glad meditation is working for you!  Is there any tips you can give the members?

Members, what are your experiences with meditation?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Hello all....I wanted to share something that has recently given me some power over my anxious feelings and negative thoughts.  My doctor turned me on to meditation and I have really started to enjoy the whole concept behind mindfulness.  In essence, we only have right now, this very moment, to exist.   The past is gone and the future is just a concept that we may or may not get to experience.    Most of my anxiety revolves around anticipation of some future event, and my fear of particular negative or scary outcomes.  The truth is that I don't know what my future looks like.  The only thing I do have for certain is the here and the now, and by focusing on the beauty of this moment, and not letting my present be discolored by an unknown future, I can give myself positive affirmations and reduce my anxiety.  How???  Mediation is a wonderful way to get in touch with the here and the now.  Focusing on your breathing helps to occupy your mind in the present....and if it happens to wander, let it.  Just gently redirect yourself toward focusing on the here and now.  I am reading a great book by Jon Kabat Zinn called "Where ever you go, there you are". He has a great presentation on meditating .  It takes a few minutes to really get good.  Good luck! 

Reading this thread: