Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Personal success but it sure feels good!

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Couldn't have said it better, Miki.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I look back at all the things I considered horrible/ torture/ bad.... and I can't help but feel grateful for it all.. because now I'm less ignorant.
Aha, thanks Gene.  I definitely know what it's like to have lots of interests.  Sad thing is, when PA hit I lost them all because I couldn't focus or retain information...I was getting my vocabulary mixed up, my ability to explain things to others, everything!!!  That was the BIGGEST downer for me.  Now that my mind works better, and I'm stealing Miki's words when I say this:  things became so much clearer.  And my little workshop of horrors has started up again!  I love being a nerd.

Sucks when the hardest thing is work...but keep at it, man!  Persistence breaks through resistance!  Usually, those are my biggest breakthroughs...because I do something stupid out of pure lack of enthusiasm for the subject matter and BOOM!  I get my answer.  Aha, I'll have to check out that CERN vid too.

Rofl, we really won't know if something happens, will we?  That's oddly reassuring.  But somehow, it is reassuring...lol
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol Gene!

"Anyway. Nothing to worry about the collider. After all in the worst case scenario we will never even know about it if it goes wrong  " . I thought the exact same thing! Hahahaha!
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

"Ignorance is only blissful to those who can accept it". I love that!!!!!! Guess that's my problem in a nutshell! I can't accept ignorance. Only joking. I have so many interests that it is helps to keep me motivated. If I get sick of any one of them then I can enage in another one. Right now I am sick of my own research which is proving to be more challenging than I had hoped.  Lol about the weird scientists at CERN. They even made a dorky music video of the whole thing!

Anyway. Nothing to worry about the collider. After all in the worst case scenario we will never even know about it if it goes wrong  

Gene:  I'm a military brat, so I'm from everywhere...born in Puerto Rico, lived all over US, England.  The closest thing I have to a home would be California.  I don't mind your asking, if you ask my blood type then I might have to say no...but mostly because I don't know!

I've only been able to read up on the collider a bit, my main concern is the same as those sending the death threats...although I think death threats are a losing way of going about an argument...back to the point, the researchers really don't fully understand the energy they are playing with, which leaves room for who knows what.  But I really do need to read more to better assess the side I'm taking, considering ignorance is only blissful to those who can accept it.

MommaDee:   The big bang machine is really nothing to worry about.  The first test was done yesterday morning I believe, and the scientists seem to be taking "baby steps" with each test to be sure.  And as an added plus, one of the scientists is a major ex-rockstar, so he can get the machine drunk, drugged up, and give it an STD.  We win! 

The daily smiling thing is working great!  I'm using it along with my daily chat, which I do to random people I meet/work with.  It's definitely helping with my new perspective, and helping me to appreciate the nature of this beast we face...and also realizing...at least with my case...that I created the beast within me and I can uncreate him.  Easier said then done, but I seem to be conjuring up hopes as easily as I did the unsubstantiated thoughts before.  It's a trip!!!  Big, BIG thanks for that!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Joe , only heard about the big bang thing last night . The flipping eve of my hospital appointment for crying out loud ! My 14yr old son came home from school blabbing on about it and said we were told the worlds gunna end tonight mum is it ? Dont be so flaming stupid i said  . Got him all calmed down , then got so anxious thinking about it . War of the Worlds all over again eeeeeek . Well we are still here , and i still dont know full details of what being said and i really dont want .

Oh my you are so sweet , thankyou , MommaDee haaaaaaaaa love it . Used to be called Big Momma when i was really over weight ! Did my daily smiling today as well , it really is working you know . Please steal it i would be interested to see if it works for you as well .

Gene awwwwwww i loved reading that one line soooo much about your wife being a fantastic lady and you wishing she realized it  (thats tears of gooey-ness) . Im sure with you by her side she will do .

Eeek ive ran out of time and havnt even posted about my hospital visit today . Trust me thats a read !!!! Will try and get back again as soon as i can and tell .

Bye bye sweet peeps x
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to have met you here as well :) What country are you from if you don't mind me asking (no pressure!- Seriously just say no if you prefer)?

Yea the collider reaches the same energy (in a tiny space) as the big bang so the idea is that physicists will be able to detect any particle that has ever existed and thereby answer the riddles of the universe. Well, as best they can. They are trying refine their model of what is known as the "standard model of particle physics". This stuff keeps me awake at night....

Lol, Gene.  You talking about reading how people recover gives you hope, and this post is about your success and it seems to have blossomed everyone here.  Even made Brenna blush! 

Cheers, the appreciation is in your direction this time around, you Jedi you. 
I agree Miki, period!

Momma Dee: (sorry, after that last post I see you as the typical mother, very strong much like my own)  Don't change, you're awesome the way you are!  And the smiles challenge is a great one, I'm gonna steal that idea from you!  It's a good challenge to try to smile at one person a day.  Also proud to know you help others out like that.  The thing that once debilitated us, now gives us the knowledge to strengthen others.  Now THAT'S a turn-around of events...and kinda makes the events worth going through...

Gene:  Thanks, man!  Always great hearing I'm helping, I do question it sometimes...so everyone's affirmations make that stress worthwhile.  And talk about progress, your turn-around on this series of events would make a hurricane dizzy!  Glad I got to meet you.  Rofl, not too long ago I would've sang that Placebo song like it was life itself. 

I didn't know about the hadron collider until you mentioned it!  I'm a geek myself, though an absent minded one at times.  Aha, our world is gonna look like the transformers base station in about 100 years.  Did you hear about how they are trying to recreate the big bang?

And about teaching depression in schools, do you guys think it would work?  I've found that depression and anxiety is a lot like being religious, by that I mean you really don't understand until you have an experience.  With that in mind, do you think school could teach it, or is that a lesson only life can give?

Reading this thread: