Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

short setback, back in the saddle

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations JohnnyO!  Please Keep us posted! Woohoo!
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi JohnnyO,   That's great news and definitely a step forward in the right direction!   Beware of drinking too much caffeine...................however enjoy the accomplishment!     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats JohnnyO!
You really deserve it!

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its a start though isnt it ? How did your day go ? Thank-you for letting us know as well  .

CD x
15 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After being a bit downtrodden in the morning thinking the management was still blocking me from working with clients,  the manager on-site gave me the go ahead to step up to taking on the more challenging task.

My mood inflated but I also became keenly aware of just how much coffee I had drunk today.  When grumbling along on low, the coffee just kinda keeps me teetering along,  but faced with clients and expectations, the coffee makes me feel my heartbeat.

Short version.  I'm very happy that management is giving me a chance to step up to working with clients.  If only working with one to begin with.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck!
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Johnny O, sounds like a lot going on, keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let us know how it goes!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JohnnyO,

Please do let us know how it goes. It seems as if you know what you need to do. I'm sure things will work out for the best.
Good luck!
Keep us posted,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
on-going saga.

While on a one week vacation, feeling more relaxed, I made overtures to buy a condo.

When I got back to work after the vacation,  the combined anxiety of the financial committment and the job requirements was too much.  I ended up missing some more time at work.  Plus I backed out suddenly from the condo deal.

I have just come out of a meeting with my supervisors where they've outlined just how much time I've missed in the last few months. They are very concerned about my ability to service the clients and are looking for alternative job duties for me again.

I have a job coach assigned by the local Mental Health agency and I will meet with her tommorrow and she may talk with my supervisor today.  It sounds like we may need to suggest to the supervisors what types of job duties are going to be less likely to flip me into relapse.

The job coach is amazed at just how much accomodation the employer is willing to offer, but I'm sure their patience will grow thinner with each incident.  Now I just have to show that I can maintain attendance.  I did manage to make it to work everyday when I had the added incentive of consequences,  so I just need to make a goal to attend work everyday regardless of how I'm feeling.

We will be determining the altered duties in the coming days.  Stay tuned.

Reading this thread: