Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Two for one special here's the place to get it! ;p

17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoaaaaaaaaaa Diva! Major Kudos!!! And throw in an atta girl. *grin* Nicely executed challenges. VERY impressive. All I did was go up a stupid flight of stairs with glass sides at the mall. (been trying to do that for over a decade). We rock. hehe Keep up the good work. Arteest
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well first I want to say thanks Lorlee for the encouragement. I had no seen your post till now. But it means a lot to me that you take the time to say grats and be there for me. That is just so great of you I am really touched that you took the time thank you. Also, I also want to share my day with you guys. Well more like morning. Been sick all week, but I had a government testing session to do for a summer job this morning really early. On top of it, the car broke so my hubby had to go to the garage and I was left with no lift. Anyway, so I regrouped and got myself a ride there and back. I got there and there was like 20 other people taking the test at the same time as me. We were crammed all 20 odd some people into a tiny little room with no windows (yeah great start). Then they made us wait for like 15 minutes before we could start ( just so anticipatory anxiety can reach a nice peak) then explained to us that we may not leave the room till all 85 minutes of the testing session are over or we might invalidate our test and lose out on the job opportunity. For a second there I felt claustrophobic stuck with too many people on top of me and trapped like a rat. But I talked myself out of that frame of mind and managed to get myself into the "exam zone" as much as my cold would allow. And I stayed. And I took the test. And I didn't panic. I even think I did ok considering how I was feeling. So I am super happy with myself. Then after the test I exit the government office (which is inside a mall lol) into a busy Saturday at the mall....did I mention I hate big crowds and busy places I don't know well? On top of it I need to find a phone to call for my lift... So I take a deep breath and start wandering around the mall from one exit to another (exits usually are the best places to find payphones lol). Then I had to pee, so I wander some more and manage to get to a bathroom. Then I even took time to go buy my mom a b-day gift. I was so happy with myself. I was alone in an unknown mall and I managed to do three objectives in a row and not panic! I was so happy! Haven't done that in a loooong time! Of course I was exhausted when I was all done but man oh man I figured I had done well. Anyway, so I just wanted to share that with you. I am exhausted tonight (eve
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, Wow you are doing loads of exposure work, good on you. You have lots going on and yet you are meeting your challenges head on. It's really great how well you are doing. Keep up the good work. :) :) :)
Thanks /blush! :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Another big day for you! ** Applause ** Good job! You're making tons of progress in all kinds of areas this week! Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
Thanks Danielle your encouragement means a lot to me :) Looks like i was a busy girl again today lol. I did my exam, last one of the session. I finally have a bit of time off from school lol. But on top of it today I managed to line up a testing session for a job oppurtunity and and interview for another job opportunity. I tell you this week was big and next week will be big too lol. Now what i will do once I have a job for the summer, I am not sure, but I figure, if i can mange to cope with school and exam weeks I can certainely deal with working for a few months.Anyway, so big days behind me and my session is over till september woohoo! -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Way to go! You were busy today! Good luck on your exam today and have fun this weekend celebrating the end of your school term. Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
Ok, now get this, on top of having managed up to now to stayin one piece throughout my finals (only one exam left tomorrow!, I also managed today to set up an important meeting, go there and find a director for my honor's thesislol! Now who knew i would be wuite this productive today! Anyway, I am really happy with myself. I think i looked really well composed during my meeting. It turned out great actually, she was really nice and i think working with her will be fun. Now, i will go to bed so i can do that exam tomorrow lol. I had a good day despite all the exam stress and wanted to share that with people who understand why this is big for me lol. Anyway, off to bed with me! Later! -Diva
Well I am glad my successes help you feel better :) And keep challenging those anxious thoughts! That is pretty much what is getting me through my finals in one piece lol Oh and the breathing exercises help too i might add. Anyway, i beleive you can do this and that you have it in you to be just fine during next week. So let me know how it goes :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey sounds like you're doing great! Thanks for sharing your success, b/c it makes it easier for me to tell myself that I'll be fine during finals in the coming weeks, too. My first exam is a week from today, and for 3 of my classes, my entire grade is based on the final exam alone, so it's pretty stressful for anybody. Add in panic attacks, though, and it gets REAL fun. The tests are 4 hours long each, and you're not allowed to leave the classroom more than once to use the bathroom - so I've been worried about having a panic attack during one of them and not being able to get out without hurting my grade (I shouldn't be escaping/avoiding anyways, but I like knowing that I'd have the option anyways). I've been trying not to worry too much about it, and trying to challenge some of those anxious thoughts even this far in advance. Hearing of your success helps with that!

Reading this thread: