Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Two for one special here's the place to get it! ;p

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]This weekend, I managed to sleep in bed with my husband again which was really nice. Had been a long time since I had managed that. That seems to be getting back to normal and it is great. Also,On saturday I went shopping in a huge busy store in the afternoon and I did not panic. I was really proud of myself. I delt with it really well. He usually knows when I am feeling iffy about things and asks me if I need to leave. Well I did so well on saturday that he didn`t even think of asking^^ I was really proud :) Then later in the evening he asked me out to the restaurant. And usually, spontaneous unplanned outings are just a no-no for me they freak me out.I do not adjust well to change in plans at all! But I said yes and we went to a little restaurant near my house. I even got all dolled up :) I was a nice supper and I got through it just great :) I was really happy with my day when I went to bed saturday :) Anyway, so that is what I wanted to share with you guys! Have a great week! -Diva[/color]
[color=Green]Ok so being on a roll from this weekend I decided to take the bus in to my meeting with my thesis director. So i planned it many hours in advance and checked the sc hedules etc etc but then I did it. I just walked out of my house and to the bus stop and got on! Then got off took the second bus I needed and got to the university in one piece all by myself! I was so happy with myself! My meeting went well, I have a great thesis director and she is aware of my anxiety so she is carefull to give me reassurance which is great. Then I figured, hey if I got here by bus I can get home by bus! So i just winged it! Went out to the bus stop and hoped my buses would come quickly. On top of it it was rush hour so the buses were full and I still managed to do it! And now I am back and really happy with myself. Ok, I am exhausted! It was totally and utterly exhausting but I am happy I did it and plan to start trying to take the bus more often from now on so I stop being so scared. So that was my day! -Diva[/color]
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great success Diva! Keep it coming, we can all learn from one another :) Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
[color=Teal]Since I felt I was on a roll after Friday, I went shopping at the mall on Saturday with my mom. We took the bus there and shopped for clothes in a very busy mall and I was proud of myself for doing so well. Then when we got tired we went to take the bus. Once on the bus (after a few minutes and a turn in the wrong direction) we realized we were on the wrong bus. So we stopped at the next strop regrouped and took the two buses needed to get back home from there. What I am really proud of is that at that point I was really tired and exhausted from being at the mall and I could have flipped out for taking the wrong bus (especially because I hate buses!) But I didn't I just calmly assessed with my mom where we were and how we could get back to my house from there. And that is what we did. So I am really happy that that went well :)! So that is my "Share" for today :)[/color] -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Great progress! Safe person or not, this was a good step in the right direction with many triggers overcome. We are very proud! Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
[color=Purple]Yesterday was an exhausting day and yet one I am pretty proud of. Now, I know that I used a safe person to get through it but it was still pretty big for me. And hey, eventually I will get this done without a safe person, baby steps I figure :) So yesterday, I had a meeting with a man that might be very important for the future of my academic career (I want him to be my doctorate's thesis director.). It was an informal meeting so we could both size each other up I guess lol. I was sooo nervous about the whole thing and on top of it I didn't know how to get there. So my mom generously offered to go with me but on the condition we go by bus (parking near there is awful). Now I am terrified of buses, especially bus routes that necessitate transfer, especially when I don't want to be late and especially when I have no clue where I am going. But I said sure cause it was still the best offer I had had lol. So yesterday I took two buses to an unknown (to me but not to my mom) destination and might I add it was rush hour, the busses were full! (I hate crowds). But al in all it went well. I got off the bus feeling happy with myself. So my mom and I gave each other a rendez-vous point and off I went to my interview. Now, I have no idea how the interview went, It could have been bad or good I am not sure what to make of it but I am still proud of myself for going and doing my best. Then me and my mom walk to the local market (which is crowded) found a little restaurant and ate and then went to a nice little Italian store and did some grocery shopping. After that we walked to the bookstore and finally took the bus back home. Now by the time all this was done I was wiped and tired but really happy. I haven't been able to pull off this kind of day (safe person or not in a while now. Faced unknown situations, buses, crowds, interviews, ... So all in all I feel like I am making progress and regaining my life and I can actually now picture the day where I pull off a day like this one on my own :) -Diva [/color]
Well, this weekend I did a few things I am really happy with myself for doing. First, I must say I don't do well in groups to put the first thing I did in perspective. You see I usually try and arrange to see my friends well, one at a time, even small groups of friends seem to illicit anxiety in me. I am not so keen on group dynamics I am afraid. Anyway, but this week I orchestrated the coming together for supper of me and three of my oldest friend. My friend being allergic to my cat I had to do it at here place. So she wouldn't have too much work on her hands I made it a potluck supper where everybody brings something and we share. Anyway, so I planned the supper for Saturday and I actually went to the supper in question (I have chickened out of suppers like that in the past). Now my friend invited another of her friends so we ended up being 5 (6 if you count my friends baby ). I know for most people that is no big deal but for me it is. Now the great thing is that I managed to stay calm and serene the whole evening I even managed to be the last one to leave so I could offer help cleaning up! So I was really happy with myself for that one :) Also, the next morning I had brunch with my dad, my brother, my husband and the Wicked Witch of the West (a.k.a. My stepmom). She has gotten a really great promotion lately and wanted to celebrate. Her daughters celebrated with her on Friday but she got it in her head to celebrate with me and my brother and so she personally called me to invite me to a celebration brunch. I couldn't exactly say no... So I did visualisations ahead of time and made interference plans for myself in case of needs (Where my husband would run interference between me and her if need be) and made more then one exit plan (if really she was being a witch and I just had to go). So I went to the brunch and it went well and it made my dad super happy to have us all there. I managed to stay calm and be "charming" and so on. When I got home I was exhausted but really happy with myself that it went well, especially since the woman has terrified me for over 20 years lol! So that is my weekend :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Daniele for all the encouragement and support you give me, well all of us. It is truely great help. Thank you :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, KUDOS! You did great! Way to show that anxiety who's boss! Arteest, Congratulations! Just because it may seem small, doesn't mean it's not VERY important step in the right direction! It's those small steps that get us to bigger ones so KUDOS to you also! Keep persevering! Danielle ______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First of all thanks for taking the time to encourage me arteest that really means a lot to me i appreciate it a lot! Also, Gratz on going up the stairs with the glass sides! Atta girl! We do rock :) -Diva

Reading this thread: