Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Restaurant stories--Write them here :P

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thsnks Danielle, that means a lot^^ And thanks Angel, thanks for your encouragements :) Means a lot to me :) And yes she knows about my anxiety. We have been friends for 22 years lol there is not much she does not know about me lol. My intimate friends know about my anxiety but i do not feel the need to necessaraly tell others. I just feel that it makes it easier for me when my clse friends know it. I don't have to spend energy hiding it from them. I just find it easier. But anyway, that is just me. Once again Danielle and Angel thanks for your encouragements :) It helps a lot to know you guys are here :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Congratulations! You passed this test with flying colors and we couldn't be prouder of you! Keep up the great progress! You're doing great! Danielle _________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you girl!!!! Wooohooooo! That is great news! I dont know about you, but going out to a restaurant, especailly a fancy one, is a BIG deal for me. I get soooooo anxious and nervous, i cant even eat properly. But i'm just so happy that you went. The fact that you took the initiative to take a break from studying (which is a very healthy decision) and dolled yourself up (which is even better!) is a great step. You dealt with your negative thoughts and you worked through them. I'm so glad you had a good time girl!! May i ask, does your friend know about your anxiety? Or did you have to hide it from her? Just asking cause i hate telling my friends about it, most of them dont know!!! Keep up the good work hun!
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well today was a study day. Got an exam on Monday. But i knew i would need a break from study sometimes during the day. Then one of my oldest friends ( we have been friends for 22 years!) called me up and she had a babysitter for the kid and wanted to go out to eat at her favortie restaurant. And of all people she could go with she wanted to go with me , she picked me. so saying no was just not really something i wanted to do. But as all good anxious (at least i think we are all like this, who knows might be just me) I do not like surprises! I do not adapt quickly to change of plans in any way shape or form. Sudden events are anxiety provoking to me. But instead of panicking or avoiding as i usually would have done, i said: "Yeah, sure i need a break from studying! This will do me good and i get to see you! See you at 5 pm at the restaurant!". Than i hung up and figured wow now i actually have to be there lol. So i kept studying (i figured it would keep my mind busy and keep me from negatively anticipating the event, plus, i really needed to study haha). Then i got ready and dolled up (which i rarely do. I often find that giving special attention to my appearance turns the event into something special which means more pressure). But so anyway, i got dolled up and went of to the restaurant. My husband was nice enough to play chauffeur. I mean come on, lets deal with one fear at a time! So i got to the restaurant and i couldnt spot my friend. And the lady that is supposed to bring you to your seat was just to busy to notice me it seems. So i decided, i am competent and perfectly capable of looking through the restaurant myself and that is exactly what i did. I found my friend sitting at the back in a quiet corner. Bless her heart she figured i would be more comfortable where it is quiet. (good friends are good to come by :) ). Anyway, the supper went great. We chatted we had fun, laughed some and shared some, it was just nice to connect with someone who knows me so well. But then in the middle of supper i felt suddenly very anxious and hot and nervous. I realized that i had suddenly been thinking : "You are being bad here girl. You SHOULD be studying!!!!" So i did my best to challenge my negative anxious thoughts. And i suddenly calmed down and managed to

Reading this thread: