Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Intrusive / obsessive thoughts.. OCD like??

16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone Do any of you battle OCD as well as Panic Disorder.. they often go hand in hand or you share signs of both. I know that my "thoughts" are what often send me into panic and are thoughts I can't "control".. sometimes they are random scary thoughts.. things I know I would never do but the thought just keeps coming back.. An example would be harming someone I loved... I am the most gentle souled person and don't have a violent bone in my body so why would I think such a thing?? Then I start to panic about having the thought... The thought can also be about illness..and it will even be the first thought when I wake up... ugh!! Like my schizophrenia stage.. or that I'm going to have early onset alzheimers... Lol.. I know it's ridiculous but it doesn't change the cycle.. If I read something (like some of the other posts)it can start a new cycle... a news story.. someone elses fears that I never thought of before.. LOL.. I only experience this when I'm out of whack (hormones, having babies, trying to wean my meds).. as my meds seem to keep the thoughts at bay... When I first started on this journey they were really bad.. I was just wondering if anyone else feels like this or has shared this type of experience... Thanks for reading.. :)

Reading this thread: