Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

New Obsession - It's all about ME!!!!!

20 years ago 0 200 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Trish! Your words of encouragement mean alot. I know what you mean about the driving problem. Right after the first few attacks while driving, my fear WAS driving. I was so afraid I would have another attack going down the road. This last week or so I've noticed that I'm really not worried about having an attack anymore, the driving just makes me horribly anxious. And you're right about the hurry, hurry, go and come back, take this next delivery, what took you so long, hurry hurry! I feel worse when I'm under that kind of pressure, knowing I couldn't go home if I wanted to. But I've done this job for many years and I always did best under pressure until lately. I can't just leave the job, my daughter, her boyfriend and my husband all work there. They try to understand, but don't get how I could do this job for so long and then it's so hard. I am so tired of this. I do keep trying and I'm not going to give up, but I really want to feel right again. Night before last (I don't know why) I felt normal all of a sudden. It lasted for 5 hours, it was great! I go to the doctor in a couple hours and I have to tell him that the increased Wellbrutrin made me a wreck. Now I'm worried I'll have to try something else and that it will make it worse again. It takes so long for some of the drugs to work. Are you feeling better today? My thoughts are with you, and bless you for your kind words.
20 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hopeful, I am happy to hear that you are going to see your doctor tomorrow. With regards to your concern about "peace obsessions" maybe you can add this to your list. Hope all goes well! Melanie :)
20 years ago 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hopeful, I really feel for you hun, in your posts you have been facing your fears, driving, its been unpleasant but I keep reading and you keep plugging away at it day after day. I commend you and admire your determination and preservance. I am wondering, maybe it's not so much the driving that is the starting force of your anxiety and panic. That under less stress, on your days off, are you able to drive ok? Reason I'm asking, in my experience with panic attacks, I cannot have anything thrust upon me at the last minute to do, the feeling extremely pressured and rushed, sends me spiraling. I wonder if its the rush of getting deliveries with a certain period of time, the go, go, go, come back, and there is MORE!!! Then go, go, go again, just absolutely no down time. Hoping we all get better soon, Im having a puny day myself, and not found my trigger yet. I too hate the thought of even having to search for what could this be, its only......today Ive not found the answer. Trish
Thanks Melanie! I go to the doctor tomorrow and I've already written down the problems I've been having. It's easy to forget what you want to ask when you get there, so I make a list. The 'thoughts about me' problem will probably only last a few days like the rest of the obsessions. So it's not the thoughts that are really my problem, but the everchanging, short-lived obsessions that come and go incessently. The dr said that the obsessions don't last as long as they used to because I notice them more quickly now. I'm on to them pretty fast, and then my mind has to conjure up something new to take it's place. I want my mind to come up with nothing new and replace the obsessions with PEACE!!!! Why can't I have a 'peace' obsession??? LOL! Why do I do this? And how can I stop it? Any thoughts anyone?
20 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hopeful, Thanks for posting your thoughts today. Have you been able to discuss these thoughts with your doctor? If not, then it may be a good idea to visit him/her to discuss why you are having these thoughts. If you go to our Anxiety Test (to the left of this screen under "TOOLS") and answer the questions, you can then print them out for your doctor to see. This can help you elaborate on your thoughts and fears with your doctor. Please feel free anytime of the day to continue to post your thoughts. We are intended to be a support group with an open mind and positive attitudes. Thanks again for visiting us today and take care, Melanie
Noticed that my new obsession is ME! This is a stupid one and I've already tired of it. It's been going on for about 3 days now. Every single thought in my head is about me. Like, how do I feel now? What's that sensation? What am I going to do if this happens? How can I finish this shift at work? Even praying for help consumes me - God, help me get back from this delivery, God, help me on the next delivery, God, show me what to do, etc, etc. It never stops! I can change my thoughts for all of a couple seconds and then it's back to - Well, how do I feel now that I didn't think of myself for 2 seconds! This one is very hard to escape as I spend a great deal of time alone driving around. (Which is still a big struggle for me, I thought the driving fear would be gone by now.) It wears me out and I'm sorry, but I'm already bored with ME! Even if I try to distract myself for a minute, it's right back to - Well, how did that distraction make ME feel? I'm so tired of these "obsessions of the day". They come and go so quickly, but there's always another stupid one waiting in the wings to take it's place. Tomorrow it could be hair cancer or the sky is falling. AARRGGG!!!!!

Reading this thread: