Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Started weekend strong, now not so much.

17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good girl and well done. just keep telling your self your incontrol of these attacts and the attacts are not in control of you.
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, CongratUlationS! Way to challenge those nasty anxious thoughts. It's so great you're taking control of it, instead of it controlling you. Well done!
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow congratulations Samantha i am really proud of you ! Woohoo you go girl!!!! Great success!!! -Diva
17 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just an update. I got out of the house today and ran some errands with my fiance and son. I kept very calm the rest of the day. I just kept remembering that I am not going to pass out from my anxiety. Ya'll are such a big help.
Thanks so mich for the kind words. I need to today. I've been trying really hard. I have been just talking myself through everything I've been doing. I was even nervous to take a shower in fear that I would pass out but I thought to myself that this is a good way to wash away my anxiety. It sounds cheesy but it seemed to work for me. Everyone has been so helpful. This is the best site and I'm so glad I found it. Thanks again everyone!!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha, Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone here has good & bad days. You must enjoy the good days and learn from the bad. What could you be doing differently that may help bring your anxiety levels down? People with panic attacks often experience dizziness, lightheadedness, blurred vision and feel like they're going to faint. The basic fact is people do not faint from panic attacks. Some people with panic attacks also have times when they do faint but even then they don't faint during their attack. People who are afraid of needles, blood and injury tend to faint more than other people. However the fear response of these people (fainting) is very different from the fear response experienced by people with panic disorder (fight or flight response. The symptoms associated with fainting (reduced blood pressure and heart rate)have to do with the body "shutting down" rather than "gearing up" for action (what happens with panic disorder). You can't shut down and gear up at the same time. Hope this helps. Danielle ___________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think many of us have had fears of passing out. But as the councelors here explain. The mechanisms in anxiety and panic attack make it virtually impossible for you to pass out. Of course when you are not breathing right it might feel like yu will pass out. But you wont. Also, the medecine might make your day harder today.. sometimes some types of medecines can do that. Just be kind to yourself and take deep breaths and don't beat yourself over the head for having a bad day. We all have bad days. Bad days are when you have to be the kindest to yourself. And remember, "this too shall pass"! -Diva
Hey Everyone, I feel like I am in a constant state of panic today. Yesterday I did really good. I went to the mall, registered for my wedding shower and had pretty good conversations. I seemed to manage my anxiety. Today I woke up in a huge state of fear of everything. I developed this huge fear that everything is going to make me pass out. I also started taking a steroid pack for my inner ear problem so of course that sent me into a HUGE anxiety attack. I felt like I was having an allergic reaction and was going to pass out. I don't even want to finish taking them. I know it would be helpful though. I am just disappointed that I had a good day yesterday and now I don't even want to get out of bed. I am making myself go register at one more store. I am trying really hard not to avoid places. Does anyone else have a huge fear of passing out? I've never passed out before but I am so scared. I know it's irrational but I can't stop my thoughts. Some encouraging words would be great. Thanks!!!

Reading this thread: