Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Hi, new here...

10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome,

Sorry to hear about the scary ordeal you have had to go through. I am glad you found us. I encourage you to get started on the program as soon as possible. You will likely notice a difference within a few session. Please know that anxiety is one of the most managable mental health concerns out there. 

Know that as scary as the anxiety is it is only a feeling. It cannot harm you eventhough it may not feel that way. Normally anxiety will pass within 20 minutes, ride it out. The less power you can give the anxiety the more easy it will be to overcome. For some quick relief check out the section on Relaxation Techniques. Use these techniques throughout the day and when you are feeling anxious. It is more difficult to feel anxious when your body is relaxed.

How are you feeling today?
Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Michelle

Welcome.

I'm a 63 year old parent of two cats and living in the Canadian rockies. Some would say hiding. I'm a survivor of major panic attacks. Years worth of them. I'm perfectly fine now and live as normal of a life as I physically can. No mental disfunction any more that is not considered normal.
Xanax is safer than Ativan long term but you still want to do CBT so you don't become dependent on it. CBT in the form of changing thought patterns makes it unnecessary because there is no more warped thoughts that come with the panic. Anxiety and panic become short term and normal and nothing to fear anymore. They don't go away they just have no effect and actually become lessened and even in time non existent. Life goes back to normal, or in my case, more than normal. Very calm and stress free. Something that is hard to do in a stress filled world.

Davit
10 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm Michelle a 49 YO married woman from NJ. I suffered my first panic attack about a month ago. I thought I was having a heart attack and wound up going to the hospital where (surprise) they found nothing wrong with me except for elevated blood pressure and swollen sinuses.

My Dr. diagnosed panic attacks and gave me a 30 day supply of xanax and put me on an anti depressent called Celexa. Things are only marginally better. I still have the attacks and spend the better par of my day trying to avoid thinking about it which does not work.

I managed to get an appointment with a psychiatrist but the soonest they can see me is June 13th. Now I'n stressing cause I only have a week's work of Xanax left and I'm terrified of what's going to happen when I run out.

Reading this thread: