Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Evening- New here.

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had forgot about rescue remedies, it has been so long since I used them.

Davit
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi Linnie 

Welcome - I have found that Bach rescue remedy has worked really well for me with anxiety. I think the spray works best. 

Happy New year all- I hope you're all getting on well!

To be honest there are very few herbals that do anything. And I've tried them all. Valerian root works. Not as well as valium to be sure but it does and since it would be best to buy it rather than grow it why not just go with Valium. It's cheaper and works better. And it isn't any more addictive. Chamomile is calming only because it makes you sleepy. You can safely grow this one and make tea out of it. At least you will know it has no herbicide on it. Grows like a weed too.
Most of the mints. Tetleys Ginger mint is very calming. Bit of a diuretic though. 
But the only one that actually is an anti anxiety other than Valerian is Lemon Balm. It has no rebound like Valerian and you can grow it. It is a mint also but doesn't taste or smell like one. Fresh it smells like lemon. It doesn't taste good enough that you will drink lots.
For me though it stops the agitation in it's tracks, and allows me to eat. It gets rid of the excess information floating around in my head and at night lets me sleep. 
I've been growing it for years. It is the only herbal I use besides the Ginger Mint tea.
Forewarned though, without CBT none of these are worth much. Only CBT can change your thought patterns, every thing else is an adjunct. But some times you need one.

Davit

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Linnie,
Welcome to the program and support group.

Red..

10 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well..I have also been trying to figure things out on a more natural approach.  I gave up alcohol, caffeine, dairy, wheet, sugar, processed things.   The only difference that i have seen thus far is weight loss.
There is even a herbalist in town who makes "potions" for anxiety that i was to rub on my feel twice a day..the only difference i noticed was my feet smelled pretty.
10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good day, my name is Linda. I use Linnie on here. I am eager to learn from this  group. While I feel hopeless at times, I know that is just my thinking. I want to be able to handle my angst without medicine and more naturally. Can this be done? The medicine makes me feel unnatural. I look forward to learning about this site and how I can get help.
Thanks for the welcome Red1 
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Molly,

Welcome to the program and support.
Nice to see you on the boards.

Red
Davit

Thanks that's lovely that you stayed to support other. :) Its good to know there's no time limit too. 

Take care.
Molly.
Molly

Look at the join up date of the other members. You are welcome here as long as you want. Some of us are here to support. We really don't need to be here, but for me, I will never forget how much I have gained and want to help. I will never forget the pain I went through and if I can help someone side step that pain it is worth my time. 

Davit

Reading this thread: