Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello!

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Addie33:  My dog is Sunshine (of course), Sunny for short.  She's about 6-7 not sure as they found her on the street when she had had a litter of puppies - where the puppies were no one knows really.  They think they were already weaned by the look of her. She had no fur left from the middle of her back all the way down her legs and half her tail.  Turned out she was allergic to the flea bite.  I would go and visit her at the pound and take her out for a walk until I could take her home. They fixed her up, had her spayed and we got her.  All her fur grew back and she is lovely, sweet and gentle. She's pretty spoiled too, but she deserves it, lol.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone!  And nice to meet you Tiana!  

Congrats Debit on the progress!  That's awesome!  It's not small at all.  Keep it up!  It certainly gives me strength to hear about the success many people here are having.

Sunny, my dog is a beagle and his name is Buddie.  He's almost 12 years old now.  He was a gift from my boyfriend at the time.  Ironically, he was given to me when I first started having panic attacks.  I was very depressed, not really understanding what I was going through and my boyfriend wanted to make me feel better.  So along came Buddie!  He has helped me throughout the years.  And he is so spoiled!  

What's your dogs name?  How old?  He looks so cute laying in that chair as if he owns it!  :-)  Beautiful picture!
Hi Debit:  Hope all is well with your daughter.  I hope you are proud of yourself for all you achieved in that short amount of time.  Did you give yourself a small reward - a pat on the back?  Hope so, you deserve it.  Good going!

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice work, Debit and Addie! Small steps followed by small successes are important! Don't underestimate them.

Keep it up!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Sunny, its good to know that i have these things to look forward to, its good once you realize there is a problem because at least thats when the healing begins, I drove my daughter to her orthordontist today it was about 25 minutes from home, (no problems a few thoughts but i quickly pushed them away) when we got back she stayed home and i went to the bank, then to the newsagent and the chemist all on my own, then this afternoon i went to get some groceries on my own, only little things at a time for small amounts of time but its a good start

love all my friends here xxx
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi m:  Oh, I missed your b'day.  Happy belated birthday.

Addie:  Love your dog pic. what kind is it?  Mine is half yellow lab and ? a rescue dog.

Debit:  I remember that feeling exactly.  I had just enough energy to do the daily tasks.  If I had to go out, I could only plan one outing at a time.  I tried to look at it in a positive way by telling myself that I was taking care of myself right now.  Soon as I got stronger I could plan more than one.  Be gentle with yourself as you are learning and healing.  And don't forget to give yourself a little reward afterwards.  Doesn't have to be a big thing, just a nice cup of tea, a bubble bath, a new magazine, that sort of thing. 

Keep the faith.

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Sunny!

It's great to meet you!  It really is a wonderfully supportive site.  I'm starting session 2 tomorrow and excited about making some changes in my avoidance behaviour soon.

-Addie
Hi Addie:  I'm late welcoming you.  WELCOME.  I'm glad you are enjoying this site.  It's an informative and friendly site, great people who understand and don't judge.  You can post and ask questions any time.  Someone is usually here.

Sunny
Thanks Debit, ~m and loves trees!

It's nice to meet you all!  And thank you for the words of encouragement and support!  I am excited to be part of such a great group of people.

loves trees - I read about your success last night!  Congratulations!!  That is awesome, such an accomplishment!  Thank you for sharing it with us, it really is inspirational for new people such as myself.  It gives the strength to carry on when times are difficult.

~m - Happy (belated) Birthday and congratulations as well!  I know all about the negative thinking and how it effects how you think about yourself.  You give me hope that I can build my self confidence and appreciate myself.  Keep it up!

Debit - I know exactly what you mean about no fun!  It took so much energy out of me to go to work and get groceries that I wouldn't want to do anything fun, it just meant battling anxiety and I needed my strength for the necessities in life.  Congrats on starting the exposure work!  You have one more person sitting on your shoulder supporting you!  Go Debit!  :-)

Your new friend,
Addie

Reading this thread: