Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Don´t know how to begin...

13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, I need all the help I can get! Good questions Ashley. I don't know what to focus on right now.  I just feel very .... messy inside and disorganized.  I feel overwhelmed too.  I guess you could say I'm too depressed to make a decision about the growing anxiety for which is why I need to drink    It all seems rather interconnected, but trying to do all three simultaneously is somewhat confusing.  Has anyone else struggled with this?  How did you resolve the situation?  Help????  
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you here ~m

I thought your post was clear, sometimes the disjointed posts make the most sense. 

As you can see you are in good company.  We will help you through this.

Will the Panic Center be the program you focus on?  Or do you plan on doing a few of the programs at once?

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you for your kind welcome ladies. I DO feel better... calmer just hearing from you.  How funny that all the things that I thought made me unique and totally crazy weird... are things you are sharing about yourselves.  But then you are saying it has gotten better through this work and I'm really excited and sad and scared and thrilled all at the same time.  I guess that's all I have for this morning.  Thank you for listening.
13 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi M,
Welcome. I'm so glad you're here.  Sounds like you've already started!
After I faced my disorders, and after I cried my eyes out for not feeling normal,and thinking I wasn't normal,
I took the bull by th horns and started doing what I needed. Escape time was over.  I sounded just like you in the beginning when I joined the group. Jumbled, afraid to write anything for fear of being judged or just not knowing how to express myself.  I started doing the lessons and everyday, atleast two or even three times, I came to the forum, if there was nothing current, I read back to any date. I'm amazed at how I've changed.  And you will too. It will all come together for you.

One day I woke up and I was in peri-menopause and my life totally changed. Outbursts, not knowing how I was supposed to be, and if I knew it passed this fast I would have enjoyed myself alittle. But all thru my life there was always the undertone of fear.  I didn't realize I was agoraphobic, OCD, and all the other initials, PTSD, panic attacks, you name it I have it, oh, depression.  I manipulated my way thru life always in pain. So, I had to re-invent myself, and I'm having some fun doing it.
I know I am sad all the time no matter what is going on. And hopefully that will change.
Anyway, I'm telling you this, so you know you are not alone.  We all have our stuff, and we all work together to get thru it.

Please, keep posting, stay with us, you'll love it.  It sounds like you already do.
Andie
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi m:  You wrote down your thoughts just fine.  Hope to hear from you again real soon.  Take it one step at a time, no need to rush through the lessons.  I use the relaxation techniques the most, the muslce relaxing and the visualization, breathing too.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

~m,

I am so glad to see you posting. You are not the only one who was ignorant about the anxiety. I started out in the depression center which really helped me a lot but I was still having a hard time of it. It was suggested that I come to the panic center to deal with these issues. I too had no idea what a big part anxiety played in my depression and agoraphobia I had been suffering with for years. It has been a real eye opener for me. I was afraid to come here in the beginning it was so bad. I just started off slowly and read through the first 3 or 4 sessions and it all started making sense to me..I was not crazy this was a condition that could be dealt with and I was finally getting the tools I needed to help myself..I had never heard of cbt before I came here. Working the program here has really made a huge difference in my life. Depression is not a constant problem for me anymore now that I have learned how to deal with my anxiety. I am able to enjoy my life more now instead of avoiding everything both good and bad in my life. I only wish I had come here sooner. You know what they say better late than never...
I am so happy you found us and the program here. Just wait and see will be surprised at how much this program helps you too.

Red
I've written and deleted so many messages.  I don't know what to say.  I don't know how to begin.  I am inspired by your stories.  Before I came here I didn't know I was so ignorant about such a major force in my life... I never thought of myself as having anxiety, but it is becoming quite clear to me that fear determines everything.  I read your stories and I see me.  I don't judge you.  I feel compassion for you.  I wish I could do that for me.  I feel afraid and disgusted by my fear.  I don't know how to begin............. i'm feeling  very disjointed and I know it shows in my writing. I'm sorry.  I feel frustrated because I have spent years learning about and controlling depression.... did I just miss out on the anxiety teaching and treatment?  I thought agoraphobia meant you can't leave your house.  I didn't know it included avoiding all those other things out in the world that I avoid so I don't hit any triggers anymore and can perceive myself cured... normal.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahah   

Reading this thread: