Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Moving along...humbly

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

It must be so nice watching the geese on your ponds and looking forward to older pair coming back every year. It is kind of romantic thinking about the pair staying together for a lifetime and growing old together.....I really do enjoy your stories...

Your friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I have ponds here that geese nest in. I have one old pair that nest every year even though the eggs never hatch any more, she only laid six eggs last year. Nests are very hard to find. Because the ponds are small they only have one pair in each so no other geese will nest in the pond claimed by the old couple, not even their offspring. They fight but give in to the pair that have ownership. Oddly they will accept a single that lost it's mate but they never stay. They go to the river and spend the summer there. The young seem to show up here already paired.

Ducks unlimited did quite a bit of work re establishing drained wet lands for ducks and geese.

Your friend 
Davit.
Sunny,

Thank you for putting up your pic of the geese on the pond.  It brings back happy memories of listening to the geese honking on the wildlife refuse...Did you know that geese have one mate for life. It is so important that they have safe places like this to migrate to. They are really beautiful creatures to see in there natural habitat like you have shown them here...I guess you can tell I am a bit of a bird lover... and wildflower lover.  I guess I am a nature lover at heart....

Thanks for the pic.
Your Friend,
Red
Davit,

I just love your pics of the wildflowers.

Thank you so much.
Your friend,
Red

sunny

Your new picture is just ducky!  

Your friend
Davit
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi angelswouldfall,

I'm so glad thing are heading in the right direction for you. Keep up the hard work, and celebrate your successes. Feel free to check in with us whenever you want!

Teebs
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi angelswouldfall,

Thank you for your update!

Its great to here that you're getting an another assessment and getting another therapist, as I know you had some concerns with the therapist you were seeing. Continue doing the program, and the breathing exercises.

What are you hopes for the new assessment and therapist?

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit:  I love this photo.  Beautiful, I think it is too bad we cut down so much of our green space.  Would love to see more wild flowers growing.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi angelswouldfall:  Sounding much better.  You're on your way.  Glad to hear about the reassessment which hopefully will help you understand what's going on and move forward. As Davit says, it's early days yet and you are doing well.  Good for you.  Yea, I use those breathing and relaxation exercises all the time.  Luv 'em.

Your friend, Sunny
angelswouldfall

So glad to hear this. And it is early days. All about comunication is right, especially with yourself.
It takes time but is worth it in the long run. Patience and practice will get you there.

Here for you,
Davit.

Reading this thread: