Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Anxiety and logic=knowledge

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Chris,

Great post! Thanks for sharing!
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chris, 
That is a great annalogy. 
Members, what do you think?

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rofl, once you get back out into the world Chris, your gonna be a force not to be reckoned with...

Though keep in mind, the whole deal with anxiety is that we focus on the problem.  If we don't see a problem, then we don't know about it...how then can we worry about it?  And even when we do worry, how do we continue to worry about it, unless we are continuously focusing on it? 

I think the big difference between our anxiety, and say your sisters studies to become a math teacher, is that our anxiety holds us back, while hers creates a future to build on.  But in the search for knowledge, I've begun to realize how to incorporate my "obsessiveness" into more productive things...and since the anxiety feels so uncontrollable, it makes a change into me feeling unstoppable when I find the right things to focus on.  But I always try to be wary of others when I feel unstoppable, I'm no saint, but I'm no devil either.

Keep searching for knowledge and sharing, you make damn good points.

And I don't know how well my grammar and all that crap is, it looks right...but I never did too well in english, or history for that matter...loved creative writing and math though...except geometry...but a master at rambling...
15 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MY sister the math teacher;i finally got out and about feeling somewhat normal.Out in the country at my dads with my sis and her husband.As we sat around the fire eating dinner my sis made the comment on research on my condition?And how she thought i might of been obsesing about it.Well if anyone ever has been through this or feels they will have to deal with this here's my response.I simply replied when you went to college to become a math teacher did you not study do research and complete task dealing with teaching and studies that had an impact on how you could become a teacher in the first place?Her response yes but its kinda of different than what you are doing ?I know she is only looking to help but somtimes people actually have to help there selfs.So to deal with a situation of this nature somtimes logic is your best tool,and i went into great detail into what people experence when an attack happens.Also stated that once you have one you stay in a state of mind of fear of the next one so on and so fourth the cycle.I could see a big change in her after explaining pure logic pure and simple logic it's amazing to me to see how much words encourge,bring us down,give us hope,and give us a chance to rethink thing's.With out knowledge of being a math teacher do you think you could teach math?And without knowledge on my condition do you think i could beat it?Bottom line is..... when seeking  knowledge; also comes the feeling in believing you can achieve what you are searching for 'and untill you have satisfied your thurst for it ;you will always be searching for the other piece of it and as long as you are filling your cup up!you have a goal a dream a desire to look foward too,,,, like finally drinking that cup you just filled up.and if that didnt make you smile me not careing  to spellcheck will that or you will get really dizzy reading this with no stops lol. peace be with us all    

Reading this thread: