Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello, I'm brand new.

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There was a day during the times I was depressed/ anxious that I became extremely happy and sane that that really felt unreal and it was uneasy and weird too.
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update!

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm...
Kind of hard to explain the sensations.
I guess it was porbably just a super relaxing feeling...but I'm just not used to that, so it felt weird to be so calm...and that in return freaked me
out a little...haha, I know. weird.
Afterwards for a little bit you get this dopey feeling (atleast I do) and she said thats normal for some people...it goes away fairly fast though.
Congrats! What type of sensations were you experiencing?
I had my 2nd session of acupuncture today!!
Same thing, different experience.
I was a lot less anxious driving there, and actually arriving and waiting in the room for my acupuncturist to come in (which is great news!)
But I had a lot harder time after the 3 needles were put in...I think I was just feeling sensations I'm not used to, and I'm sure anyone with anxiety
knows that they experience enough sensations, and anymore new ones arent pleasant ones. haha.
Anways, I have another appointment in 2 weeks.
I'll update all of you again then!

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your great successes! And thanks for keeping us posted on your experience with acupuncture.
I don't believe it has to be months, my sister just enjoyed it so much!
She would look forward to each session! It must have worked well.  She did say its the one thing that helped her out the most.
I'll let you all know how many sessions it takes me before I start seeing results!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 :) thats great news Ivoryplum , dead chuffed for you .

I knew you had to have a few sessions of acupunture but never knew it would be months worth ekkk .

Thanks for all of your reponses everyone!
I found out from my sister that she went every week for 3 months straight.
I have another appointment on Friday, and will be doing many more needles.
I'll let you know how that session goes!  And hopefully I'll see some more results after this session.
If not, I should with a month of it.
Whether it makes a drastic difference or not, I still did something uncomfortable and made it through it...not to mention needles being involved.
If I do start seeing results, I would definitely recommend people to atleast give it a months try.
I'll keep you all updated like always.

Also!! Good news!
I have 2 panic attacks the other and, and normally I would get myself out of that situation as soon as I can (since my panics are caused by events) but this time I just stayed and calmed myself down until my symptoms subdued some and I continued on both times!
Oh wow! it felt so great.
Now of course it was somewhere easy enough for me to sit and calm myself down...now I just have to figure out how to do it while I'm somewhere and can't sit...like a store.
But anyways, I felt very proud and accomplished because of this!!
: )
That is great! Maybe I went to the wrong acupuncture place last time. For me, they put needles all over my face before my eyes, that ended up scaring me a lot. But the purpose for it was to cure my sinuses and not the anxiety. Maybe I need to go to one for anxiety instead?

Reading this thread: