Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

another newbie! = )

16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there and welcome . Just wanted you to know that you arnt alone i can certainly relate to alot of the things you wrote . *Also uses hubby as safe person* Been here a few weeks myself and am beginning to improve slighty so there is light to a very long tunnel :)
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dolphin4me.. You are definately NOT losing it nor are you alone. I can relate very closely to what you are describing. I am years into my disorder though and had been panic free for a long time.. and then after the birth of my last baby I've relapsed.. It was a slow decline though and I think I was in denial and didn't want to change my dose as I was so close to being off of it.. ugh!! but hey.. you need to do what is good for you and forget all the stigma attached. For me the paxil just takes the edge off (slows my mind down) and allows me to do all the other work / self talk / diet changes etc. that are needed to beat this thing :). I have a really hard time with the meds (actually any type of drug, supplement etc) as I too read all the "what ifs", side effects etc. So taking your pills is your first "triumph" if it's usually a problem... ha ha.. I can remember mine sat on the counter for over a month before I would swallow one.. My hubby had to stay close to ensure I didn't have a terrible reaction.. those were the days.. lol.. The journey although it can seem hard, it DEFINATELY gets better. This program has so many great components. I personally have been utilizing the forums and am working on a "workbook" at home which is very similiar.. I just find it a bit easier for me that way. I too had used my husband as a "safe person"..and that will get better too.. I LOVE my alone time now.. and you will again too. Take the baby steps and before you know it.. it will be a giant one.. Good luck :)
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dolphin4me This is my 4th week on the program. It is really helping me understand (and manage) the panic attacks. Obsessing seems to be one of my most difficult problems...but I am learning to challenge those obsessive thoughts. Hope you will give the program a try, it really does help.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dolphin4me, I just wanted to welcome you to the forums. Thank you for sharing your story with us :). The program here is quite good and has helped me a lot. The pople are great too :) Anyway, it does get better so hang in there. Welcome to the forums! -Diva
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dolphin4me, You've come to a great place because we are here to help. When you're ready, get started on the program. You'll find a lot of great information that will help you along the way. It's a good idea to follow your doctors instructions and to take your meds as he has advised. Keep persevering, Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all!! ... I signed up a few days ago and have been reading the boards .... it is nice to see that I am not the only one "losing my mind" .. lol! I just discovered that I have panic disorder, OCD and a touch of PTSD- my Drs have came to this conclusion after months of tests ...(cardiac stress tests, echo's, head ct's, other sono's, tons of labs) all were normal - I kept having racing heart and feeling like I was going to pass out, along with jello legs and feeling like I could just lose it - or feeling like I was not real (if that makes sense)... since the 1st of the year I have had 6 trips to the ER and was convinced that I was dying each time .... when these overpowering "attacks" would come on I was sure I was having a heart attack or about to have a stroke and afraid that I would pass out and either everyone would stare at me or I would be alone and no one would find me .... so it got to the point where I would not go anywhere by myself anymore (not even the bathroom at work) - my poor husband has been trapped by me because he is my "safe person" ... it feels like it is taking over my life I wake up with high anxiety - it is the 1st thought and I start feeling sick - I have to tell myself that I am fine - but does not always work - and for the last month or so I have had panic attacks in my sleep - not a fun way to wake up in the middle of the night- lol!! ... I worry about everything ... and always think the Dr's missed something (stupid I know) and then I will obsess over it till I go into another panic attack and it all starts over .. I guess the worrying and stress has fianally cought up with me ...lol!! ... I was not always this bad .... I used to be fun and love having some alone time - but right now I can not even go to the mall or wal - mart by myself and I hate it!! ... I have just started Prozac and Xanex .... the OCD side of me hates taking meds and I obsess over reading RX web sites for side effects and usually talk my self out of taking things .... but for the sake of my family I am forcing myself to take them and hoping this site will help also ... Sorry to ramble on - just wanted to throw my "situation" out there and hope someone else has had similiar problems and has some words of wisdom ... Thanks!! ;)

Reading this thread: