Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,662 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO

Hi, i'm new

20 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the advise. I guess I just hate being dependent on medicine. I am SURE that is common with this condition. I have read sooo many books, and gotten sooo much advise, I think I have too much information sometimes. Well, thanks for the reply, and I hope this site gives me some insight
20 years ago 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, jneillusa. I hope you will gain much from reading the existing posts on the site and from interaction with the others in the group. No one likes to be on medication, but it serves a purpose. Coming off it should not be a goal before the other problems are resolved. For the moment, I encourage you to take advantage of what our site has to offer. Our Panic program is free and can help you with panic attacks. The diary is there to record your attacks and fear level. You can print it out too. Congrats on not using alcohol any more. That is a big accomplishment.
20 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone. I found this site last night, but had to wait to get my password. Well, I have been suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, and alcoholism for about 15 years. I used alcohol to self-medicate for over 10 years. When I stopped drinking I really had to deal with the problem. I am a professional in Law-Enforcement, so not many people are aware of my problem. I have never had a BAD episode at work. I believe it is a control issue. I just wanted to say hello, and I hope to recieve some help, and hopefully give some help. I am currently taking Zoloft(50mg), and Klonopin as needed. I just finished the program "Attacking anxiety and Depression" by Lucinda Bassett. I bought it off E-Bay for 1/3 of the price. It really seems to be helping. I want to come off my meds., but it scares me to even think about!
20 years ago 0 198 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greetings to this great site...I hope you find many answers and insights. I have had panic attacks for years - and, when I look back, my Mother had them, also. I sometimes wonder, what was 'panic disorder' called 'back then', say 50 years ago? Or, is it a new dilemma? My family used to say my Mother was having a 'spell'. Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject of 'what was panic called 50-60 even 100 years ago'? Bye for now...
20 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa, I am Leighann and I am 21. Nice to meet you. I hope we can all help each other out.
20 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, Lisa. My name is Iwona, I'm 29. I have found this site extremely helpful:) I hope you will too. I've had panic attacks (and agoraphobia) for about 7 years in addition to OCD but now I'm beginning to feel better thanks to understanding myself MUCH better:) Feel free to ask me any questions regarding my story, I will be glad to answer them. Welcome:)
20 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to our support group Lisa :). You will find that we are a group of friendly, open-minded individuals. You can make yourself at home and post or reads posts whenever you feel up to it. You will find that as you navigate our site there is some really cool information and tools that are available to you. Look to the left of this screen and go through each topic at your own pace. If you have any questions or concerns you can directly e-mail myself or Anne-Marie at support@paniccenter.net. Take care Lisa and we hope to hear from you again soon :). Melanie This message was edited by melanie on 5-28-03 @ 3:04 PM
20 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa Welcome to the group My name is shanna and i'm 24. If you ever need to chat i will be here. Take care and good luck.
20 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, jst thought i would introduce myself :) My name is Lisa and i'm 22.

Reading this thread: