Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

23 year old with panic disorder/agoraphobia

20 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey batgirl i'm a 25 yr old male with many of the same symptoms. If ur from BC let me know if u know any support groups i can meet with. take care Mike
20 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Everyone! Thanks for telling us your life events within this thread. We hope that you will find some positive support and work through your individual concerns. Just to let you know that this site is more than a support group :). We have many "TOOLS" that can help you cope and understand what it is your are experiencing. Feel free to roam the site at your own pace. If you have any unanswered questions and would like to contact us, please do at: www.support@paniccenter.net. Looking forward to getting to know you all! Cheers, Melanie
20 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am also 23 years old and I suffer from Panic Disorder as well. They first started when I was 15 years old. I had experiemented with Speed and either it is the thing that started this whole Panic Disorder or it just triggered something that was already there. I suffered with it for a whole year before I told my Doctor about it. They referred me to a psychiatrist and I started the medication. I was on the medication for a little over a year and I finally felt that I was myself again and that I didn't need it. Between the ages of 17 and 23 I was fine! That whole time I broke up with a high school boyfriend, started working, going to school, bought a house. I was fine that whole time......then when I started planning my wedding I started having stomach pain that would not go away. I went to the doctor for the stomach pain but when they took my blood pressure it was higher than usual and that's what triggered a downward spiral into slight anxiety to severe Panic Attacks. I thought, oh my gosh I have high blood pressure I'm going to have a heart attack. Within one week I was a mess! I couldn't sleep or work and the panic would come out of nowhere and be so severe that I felt like I was going to pass out. I had to go to the hospital one time because my heart was beating 160 beats per minute and my blood pressure would be really high. I couldn't stop it. After that incident I got back on medication. I take 100 mg of Zoloft now plus .5 mg of Zanax before bed. It's such a disgusting disorder and I hate it. I had to drop all my classes; I couldn't concentrate because I was scared that I was going to have a panic attack in front of everyone. I'm ashamed when I have to go to the Doctor or the ER because they know and I know it's all in my head but I'm still there anyways, taking up a bed that someone else with a real injury could be using. I my Panic Disorder the "Crazy's" ;p and I like to make fun of the them. I also tell people why I missed work or why I dropped my classes. I tell them straight out that I have a Panic Disorder. Of course I don't go around telling everyone about it, but I am not embarrased to tell people if they ask. I feel that this is my way of putting it in it's place.
20 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I underatand. I get panic attacks when I attempt new things(moving, changing jobs). It's pretty tough becuase things in life change so often. I am trying real hard to beat this.
21 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi batgirl1979 I'm also a 23 year old girl experiencing panic attacks all over again I first got them when I was 15 and took meds and went to a therapist and they went away for about 5 years. Now i'm 23 with a child and too much stress they came back. I have enrolled in the panic program here in the site and it seems to help me out alot. I'm also on meds since 3 weeks ago and am feeling alot better. I have also stopped doing alot of things that i used to do but now with the help of meds and the panic program it seems to helping me out, I was scared to drive cause i had a really bad attack in the car but yesterday I drove by myself and was fine no attack. Just wanted to let you know your not alone and you can talk to me whenever need to k nice meeting you and welcome. shannalo
21 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm new here. I am a 23 yr old girl from Canada. I have been experiencing panic attacks for about since I was 18. It has really been a tough thing to go through. I have stopped doing alot of the things I used to do for fear of having an attack. I was living on my own and going to school but I had a major attack a couple of weeks ago and have moved back home. I just recently started seeing a therapist and with medication hopefully can get this awful disease under control. It's nice to know that there is a place where I can go to talk and to realize that I am not alone in this.

Reading this thread: