Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,651 Members

Please welcome our newest members: OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO

tired of this feeling!

21 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel. Everytime I PMS or after the period even during my panic increases.Its bad enough all the other symtons we have because of the period, but to add the panic to it makes it almost unbearable. During those times, I have to take more zanax. I know you have a phobia about taking medications, and so do I. My best friend has panic too, and she always tells me just take the zanax, why make yourself suffer. It took alot of panic attacks and cognitive therapy, but my experience...C.T. is great but sometimes you just have to take something that works for you that will help you through. Remember your not the only one.
21 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You may want to talk to a gynocologist if you are more anxious before your period. I found birth control pills that have a consistent hormone level to be very helpful, otherwise I am a wreck for about 10 days. The pill stops this. Also, there are vitamins called, Optivite. They are for pre-menstral tension, but doctors seem unaware of them. They are loaded with vitamin B6. I take 2 per day. After a few months, they may help. If I stop them I feel awful again. Any pharmacy can order them. If it bothers you to swallow medicine, perhaps you can crush it up and put them in food or drink.
21 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I responded to another message the other day, but I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm 32 and have had panic attacks for 3 years now. I've had every test imaginable, all showing that I'm healthy, just suffering from anxiety/panic disorder. I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse and I get chest pains and get really dizzy. I don't know if MVP has caused me to have more anxiety symptoms or not, but either way I have them. Sometimes I'm better than other times... I think worse around my period. I've tried to chart it with my cycle, and it seems like the week (or about 10 days) before my period I am worse. Usually I start feeling anxious and tense. Chest pains are usually sharp and in my upper left chest or sometimes pressure in the center. As I said they have been checked out and Dr. feels like they are common with anxiety. Does anyone else have this or do you know if it is common to feel this way? Anyway, I am back on an anxiety cycle and feeling like I can't settle down. I am dizzy and anxious and my heart is racing SO FAST! I didn't sleep at all last night but I know that this will pass if I just settle down. Medication isn't an option at this time for me. I have phobias about taking meds, and I've tried a few different ones and they didn't make it any better. Any suggestions? Maybe I would feel better if I thought someone else felt this way. I could ramble on, but I guess this pretty much sums it up.

Reading this thread: