Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,655 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

Allergic reaction into a panic attack :/

8 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alh2005,

That sounds like a scary situation. I am sorry you had to go through that. Cardio Tech makes a great point about being sure it was an allergic reaction. Many things can cause flushed cheeks - including anxiety. Whether you experienced an allergic reaction or not, anxiety could still have resulted from the thoughts you were having about the flushed cheeks. Physical symptoms can often trigger fearful thoughts which in turn triggers fearful feelings. You mentioned you were scared. Can you remember any of the thoughts that were going through your head at the time? 
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you sure it was an allergic reaction that caused your cheeks to become red?  Did you have any shortness of breath, lip swelling, etc?
8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, the other day I was getting ready to go out with my friends. All was well, and I cleaned off my face with these "hypoallergenic" face wipes. I wiped off my face and then I noticed that my cheeks were extremely red! So, I took some allergy meds as well as a little ibprofen but then I started to get all scared. My chest got all tight and I almost thought I needed to go to the emergency room. It was horrible. Some times it feels like one thing after another.

Reading this thread: