Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Think I´ve annoyed my friend !

11 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smiffy,

It sounds to me like she really did have a headache and decided to reschedule. The only way to know for sure is to call her when you feel ready and ask her. Explain what you're going through and maybe even tell her about the program.  Once you have a chat with her I think you will have a lot more clarity on the issue. Until then, give her the benefit of the doubt.

What do you think?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After getting thru a very tough day out at the theatre yesterday with family (which included numerous minor panics).   Was texting a friend this morning about my terrifying day yesterday (who knows my anxiety / social / eating out phobia - but not about now possible agoraphobia) & she asked if I wanted to go to a quiet country pub / restaurant not far from me tonight - so I said let's give it a go (have been there before with reluctance & with a bit of wine dutch courage beforehand)

We started talking times & she said can meet you the at 7pm - I got anxious feelings about going there by myself to meet her so I texted back that i was anxious & asked her if she could pick me up so I could have dutch courage beforehand & we go together.

She texted back that I was miles away from the pub (am just 5 mins away) don't know whether she was joking or serious at the time) so I texted back that I would give her petrol money.

About 3 hours after that she texted back that to be honest she wouldn't mind leaving it as she had thumping headache & would call me over the weekend 

I replied okay no problem was sorry I was hard work (which we've joked about before) & wish I could click my fingers & be how i was when we used to go out and that she felt better soon

I've known her for over 20 plus years & she always includes me on big nights out with the girls (restaurant followed by pubs followed by nightclubs) who I used to go out with in my early twenties even though she knows that on the night I will back out 

I think she's really annoyed with me after todays texts & now feel really guilty, a rotten friend & low :o(

Reading this thread: