Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,516 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Sleep & Daylight Savings Time

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
This time of the year seems  "demanding" in some way, but I don't know why.  There seems to be a quicker pace.  Wish I could slow the pace down, but it's just there, somehow.  A lot of things challenged me during a couple of courses I took, and it just seems to be a cumulative stress which is mounting, without my being able to get restorative sleep.

Even when spring comes shortly, it will be the same old "me".

What else can I be?

I'm going to open the curtains on the big bay window, and let the sun shine in, and prepare for trash day.  There's a book recommended called "Throw out fifty things", which deals with bringing in new space into our lives for new things, but I just realized something.

Every week on garbage day, we allow more space into our lives, as banal as that sounds

One man's garbage becomes another's recycled toy or useful device...so goes the world
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

Daylight savings time can be tough for everyone to adjust.  Good for you for already trying to adjust to the new schedule. I would avoid taking naps throughout the day as this may disrupt your sleep schedule and interfer with how you sleep at night. If you must take naps it is best to take them early in the day. 

Has daylight savings time ever have an effect on your anxiety level?  How did you manage if it did?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder if anyone is struggling with sleeping as we approach the "spring forward" date of this coming weekend?

It's not helping me stay level at all.  To compensate, I'm trying to nap, but that, in some ways, makes deep sleep worse for the night

Reading this thread: