Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Indecision with Too Many Options - What do you Do?

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs:  I usually wait a few days - unless it is a pressing matter.  If it is urgent to make a decision I weigh the pros and cons - make a list if you have to - then decide and realize that I made the best choice I thought at the time.  Sometimes if it is not urgent, then I can let it go and realize that if I am indecisive, it may be because it doesn't matter that much to me in the first place, otherwise I would have a stronger feeling one way or the other.  I used to worry about making a decision right away but have found that it's o.k. to take my time and may even set a date in my mind about how long I can wait before taking action.  Again, there are urgent situations which must be decided quickly. Depending on the situation, there are some decisions which we dislike the choices and we procrastinate.  Then you have to bite the bullet, and just choose knowing it's disagreeable all way around.  
I don't know if any of the above helped, lol.  hope so....
Sunny
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I didn't get good sleep.  I did something I avoid, which is arithmetic at night..  I feel the unlimited opportunities, with indecision as a result. 

What do you do when you are flooded with too many options?

I usually meditate on the following from R. M. Hamma in his book called "in times of caregiving"

When I don't know what to do,
let me do what love requires.
If I cannot make a choice,
let me do the next small thing.
Step by step show me the way,
from one small act to the next.
For in these small acts of love ,
your Spirit's light will guide me.

Anybody ever go through these bouts of indecision?

Reading this thread: