Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Vacuum Felt After Christmas?

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny, thank you for your post.  I feel the same way about continuing to celebrate the Christmas season until Epiphany but it's our first year with a real tree and didn't know if how long it would last.  As we know, the spirit of the season should last for as long as we allow it to enter our hearts.  Thank you for this reminder as I begin my day today!
Debora, I am so happy that you never gave up - it is a wonderful reason to celebrate that you made it through every awful test and trial this year.  You are a strong woman!   

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do understand what you mean Hugs. I felt very "woe-be-gone" all day, I woke not feeling good, I am trying too stay positive and think its not a virus or bug and just the fatigue of the holiday and the effects of a bad monthly period. My head and eyes have been hurting all day, I did watch a lot of holiday movies but maybe too much TV is bad on the eyes, but I do know what you are talking about and I understand, I had so much fun getting ready, its probably the best I have been the entire year!!

I like Sunny's post, very very positive, I leave my tree up also till Jan 6th, little epiphney, that helps too it makes the joy last longer and the pretty lights are uplifting, and New Years is coming too. I so want this year to end and a new one too begin, it was a very rough year for me, as you probably know reading my posts, there were times when I did not think I would make it till Christmas, that I would lose my mind or just give up, somehow someway I made it, with God and this sites help. Thank you.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gee you guys; hurry up life already!  lol  I'm still enjoying Christmas until Little Christmas, the Epiphany, January 6.  Then I take the tree down.  Still 12 days of Christmas, like the song.  I still use the "good" silver and dishes 'till then.  I like the glow of candles and the treats.  I like looking forward to New Year's Eve.  I like to have things prepared for unexpected guests' drop ins.  I don't want to rush through this time of year, I want to savour it and enjoy all facets of it.

Movies and popcorn are okay, hibernate? nah....too much to do still.  How about gardening catalogues and planning the new perennial border.  Mind you, I do love a good afternoon nap and a cup of herbal tea. lol  Next year, I'll be doing it near our new fireplace.  How wonderful that will be.

Sunny

12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love Easter!
But..i also love Christmas too,but today we took all the trees down and outside decorations too....
I am getting ready tomarrow to clean my house good.and get my carpets cleaned too!!
I am already thinking springtime!
Bren
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Living in the country we get to have a country Christmas with out all the hype. In fact if we want to we can even shop at the country store so we don't get as much of that glitzy push push from the city. It is more mellow so there is not as much build up and less let down after. The tree stays up. The pets have there toys and Christmas just fades into the new year. Sunny would like to shop the sales but I can't be bothered.
Looking forward to Easter now and gardening. As for the rest of the winter we will hibernate most of it. Movies and popcorn when the necessary stuff is done. Not even cold enough to use the wood stove. Time to play a bit. Summer is going to be very busy. And spring more so.
Christmas was grand  but now it is time to do something else. You know every day is special, Christmas is just a bit more special is all.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like to embrace the tradition of having Christmas start on Christmas Day.  I feel like we've got 12 more days to enjoy.  We just got our tree last weekend so I think we'll keep it up until Friday or so.  It's school vacation week for us so that kids have that to celebrate.  I like what's been said about carrying the positivity of the season forward. That is what I hope to do.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Xmas? sort of like saying holiday trees hey.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to feel kind of let down after Christmas but not anymore..
The advertising for Christmas starts in the stores where I live before Halloween so by the time Christmas day comes I am pretty much relieved to see it go..I start off feeling excited about all the decorations and lights but as the seasons progresses I start suffering with mild depression. My extended family no longer exists so Christmas is not what it once was for me. This year my partner and I put that all aside and had a lovely Christmas day together and today I am looking forward to taking down the tree and starting a new year..

Red.....
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello hugs4u,

I hear what you are saying about sort of feeling let down when xmas comes and goes, it is a rather long build up and then it is all over with before we blink an eye. The important thing is to use the momentum of positive energy that was created during the holiday season and carry it with you into the new year. Feed of this energy to strive forward and continue on the right track. Journal about the positive experiences and special moments encountered in this time and re-read them when you are feeling empty.

Members, how do you feel after the culmination of the holidays?

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder if others feel the vacuum after Christmas?  After Christmas, I always feel this emptiness and letdown.

Anybody wish to share their feelings?

Reading this thread: