Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Feeling negative.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
Hubby says that too...He learnt to drive at 12 on a tractor...claims that what makes him such a great  (car) driver! Ha.
Cleo

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice Tractor. Glad to hear you are feeling better

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tractor is a lot easier to drive than a car or truck. Easier than horses.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just read these latest posts.  Davit, so sorry you are going through this infection.  I will start praying for you real hard - lol.  I don't know anything about tractors either - always wanted to drive one though, oh and a truck too.
Hi Sunny,
I know it must seem like forever to you..but if you are all better by the end of August..that's great! I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best...its ok to wear sunglasses in the summer!  Makes you look like a movie star! Must be a drag in  buildings though...only 2 more months....
Davit,
So glad to hear from you...hopefully you are getting better...take whatever time you need to improve....I was only ever on morphine once...and  I remember being in terrible pain but strangely happy!....nice tractor....I'm a genuine city gal..so I hope its a tractor! My hubby(farmboy)is always correcting me when we take drives in the country..."that's a harrow, that's a hoer" etc....haha..they all look like tractors to me.
Happy people are back
Cleo

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello every one.

I am still here but have been very busy and very sick. I will have to go back through posts and catch up. I am sorry that I have not been here for you as I said I would be. I am managing to stay out of the hospital with the help of friends and neighbours. I am off the heavy meds so I will make more sense than I would have. I have been on morphine so I don't remember when I was on here last. I was warned that I would likely get infection in my leg because of the depth but also because of the conditions around it. (dirt).

Davit.  Be back soon.
Hi Cleo:  not sure when the first is - but was told by end of August all should be done. thank goodness. wearing sunglasses just about everywhere.
Hi sunny,
Sorry to hear you need another surgery, and that your  eyes hurt. That must be draining. Do you know how long it will be before you  have the first surgery? I hope not too long.
I read and reread your post ..
I think I see what it means....we all are our own book...but its the reading of our book by others..and ourselves... that  affects us and our relationships.
Cleo

Feeling a bit down lately and found out yesterday I need a different surgery for eyes before they can proceed with the laser one.  Anxiety level o.k., just the waiting game, eyes still hurt, bothering me.

I've reflected on things a lot these past few days and I remembered something from past support group.  Don't remember what book it comes from.  Thought I'd share. Sorry it's kind of long.

WHO OWNS WHAT

A helpful tool in our recovery, especially in the behaviour we call detachments, is learning to identify who owns what.  Then we let each person own and possess his or her rightful property.

If another person has an addiction, a problem, a feeling, or a self-defeating behaviour, that is their property, not ours.  If someone is a martyr, immersed in negativity, controlling, or maipulation, that is their issue, not ours.

If someone is in denial or cannot think clearly on a particular issue, that confusion belongs to him or her.

If someone has a limited or impaired ability to love or care, that is his or her property, not ours.

If someone has no approval or nurturing to give away, that is that person's property.

People's likes, decptions, tricks, manipulations, abusive behavious, inappopriate behaviours, cheating behaviours, and tacky behaviours belong to them too.  Not us.

People's hope and dreams are their property.  Their guilt belongs to them too.  Their happiness or misery is also theirs.  So are their beliefs and messages.

Some people don't like themselves, that is their choice.  Other people's choices are their property, not ours.

What people choose to say and do is their business.

What is our property?  Our property includes our behaviours, problems, feelings, happiness, misery, choices, and messages; our ability to love, care and nurture; our thoughts, our denials, our hopes and dreams for ourselves.  Whether we allow ourselves to be controlled, manipulated, deceived, or mistreated is our business.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Oh gosh, my ex used to say that all the time too. 
I will be thinking of you if my visitor comes too.

Reading this thread: