Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Diva news...

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sarah,
thank you for the reply. Am having a tough morning. slept badly, am tired.

Lately my marriage is in crisis...yet again. 

I keep wondering if the Anxiety disorders and depression leads to marriage issues or if it is the reverse. I think in my case it is a bit both.

I have come to the conclusion that my husband is not only chronically depressed but that he is also a video game addict. I am not saying all our problems are his fault or that he is bad and I am perfect. Far from it! We both have our good points and our faults in all this. But it is tough to live with, the same way my depression and anxiety is tough to live with for him.

I guess what frustrates me most is that he seems to consider it normal and in the right order of things for me to seek help. He accepts my illness knowing that I will fight to get better! But he won/t do this for himself!!! He seems to think there is nothing wrong with him except that the whole worls is out to get him (me included) and that everything in his life (including me sometimes) is worthless and goes wrong. But there is "nothing wrong" with him. Once in a blue moon he admits he might be depressed but won't seek help. If I tell him he should do something for himself about it he says he isn't depressed... Going to a therapist is for me not for him... As you can see I am having control issues and anger issues over this. Help!

I am sad as I see no end to this. I obviously find it is ok for him to not be well. That is not where my issues lie. I could accept he needs time if he did something about it. But he doesn't! So how long do I stay and wait to see if he will get help?

I feel guilty and like a horrible person feeling like this. I should understand. I should know how it feels for him. I should have more empathy. But his lack of seeking help and trying to get better is bumming me out and after all this time I do not know how much longer I can just watch him and wait. I feel guilty though for feeling like this. I feel like a real monster. Oh and I know I am a control freak...am working on it.

Today is his birthday. I have nothingplanned for him. I feel guilty but that is how he wants it. He says anytime I plan something for his birthday it goes bad. Then again he finds anytime anyone plans anything for his birthday it goes bad so at least it is nothing personnal.

Sad part too is that I now find his birthdays painful.  He will most likely need for me to be as small and invisible as possible so that he can play his game without being hindered. It is his way of coping. So the love of my life, might want nothing to do with me on his birthday.

I am sad.  I love him so much...I do. But I am afraid nothing will ever change.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   Thank you for the update!   You mentioned you feel optimistic. It also sounds like it from your post! Even though it may have been stressful to take a leave from schooling, it will be a positive decision in the end. You were able to recognize how exhausting school was for you at this moment in your life. But this has also given you time to reflect on other aspects of your life. And hey, no homework is not such a bad thing either!   You are absolutely correct, all of these experiences will make you a stronger and happier person. You can do this!     Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys, been gone for a while. Tried to catch up some. Sorry I only read and answered some. Just so much since I last came on here, I just can<t possibly catch it all up! I did do my best and I figure you will all forgive me :P

At this point I am exhausted and tired and seeing blurry even though hubby fixed my screen issues, so I will try to resume things.

Ok so how are things with me:

I am exhausted and sad and crabby, easily irritated, just plain tired feel like hiding, dropping off the face of the world exhausted! In short I am depressed. I am on medical leave from school... depressed. Bleh! I have more anxiety but I blame it all on the depression lol I am proud of myself as I find I am dealing really well with the increades anxiety! So points for me there!

That depression has lead me to isolate myself. I kinda stopped posting, talking to people... I am so tired I do not want to have to keep appearances up... I am changing this as you can see. I am working on reconnecting. I spoke to my therapist, am trying to reconnect with friends yet again and I spoke to my mom.

I had to stop school am too exhausted. I sat in clas like a lump tired and sad. I felt dizzy and like crying. Most horribly I felt incredibly dumb as the fatigue made it hard to focus.I had to get a doctors note and have it put off till next year. I feel sad, a bit anxious and ashamed but mostly releived. I need time to put some things in order. This one is hard for me though as my success in school is a big part of my self esteeem. so right now I am feeling pretty lame and scared I will only get lamer...

Also, I am going to have to work though. I need money, lots of money. I am so broke. I have a job and I should be starting next week. So I will be finishing up one contract by the end of October and starting a new one next week. Both are part-time. But I do worry the work will just keep me tired...I sometimes with I could skip the work and rest but at this juncture it is not possible financially. Plus, who says falling off the face of the world would help me anyway right? I was off work without school before and it was, well, depressing lol. So, come to think of it, work is a positive! And hey, I will have NO homeowrk! Woohoo! I do feel like I am not where I want to be at this moment though so this freaks me out. But with no homework I can work on some crucial things and if I do well applications and networking this year I might even be able to skip straight into the doctorate's program next year! I would love that! So I know I can use the work as structure and the extra time off to get myself where I want to be. I just hope I will have enough support to keep me on track. I am dangerously close to falling off the face of the world. Have done it before, it is no good for me.

My hubby and me is still really rocky. Weird thing with us is that when it is good it is SO goood! When we are doing well we are so happy! But when it is bad it is horrible. It takes very little for the s**t to hit the fan with us and when it does, what a mess! We are negotiating a difficult turn in our relationship and a partial seperation may be eminent which scares me sooo much. I am afraid he will live without me and realize he does not want to come back! Well, that is if the seperation thing happens. It wouldn't be a full seperation though. We would see each other and remain faithful to each other. It would be a way for us to have space to deal with our issues. I am not sure if it is a good or bad idea... I am so tired and out of solutions! I just know that neither of us can take this much longer before the D word is brought into it. I love him and he loves me but we need space, is that wrong? does that mean we are over? Anyway, all this to say the marriage front is stil up and down and dizzying!

Oddly enough I feel optimistic. I realize I am in a bad phase atm but I also know that it will pass. That I will get stronger and be happy! I am strong and a survivor. I am the knight in shining armor of my own fairy tale!

I am tired at the moment and having trouble feeling positive cause of hunger and tiredness issues. But I do mean it. I am scred and tired but I do beleive I can do this! One day at a time! This too shall pass!

I will go make supper now! Later!

Reading this thread: