Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Diva news...

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys,

Well I have come down from a 2-3 day complete hyper fit. Came down without crashing down which is nice. Am feeling much calmer and serene. I wish you all a lovely day!
Well,

The therapist lady called. Seems she likes drama as she gave us a new appointment! So we will be going back. That is encouraging.

Hubby skipped work again today. Was angry at first but calmed myself down and manage not to pick a fight with him over it.

Hubby says he will speak to his doctor about getting anti-depressants. Hope he does.

Sorry for the weird writting style. My mind is racing as I am super hyper today lol! I figure I will ride it out till I come down!

Not a bad day though oddly! Gonna go watch tv, it usually helps me wind down!
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   Glad to hear you and your husband sought marriage counseling and have decided to continue with it.  Let us know how the next session goes.    Karen, Health Educator
Hey Joe!

Glad you got a laugh out of that!  OOH I see I have a new nickname lol. Tiger doc, catchy! Makes me sound like some cartoony superhero lol!

I agree with you that him agreeing to go back is a big step. He also agreed to speak with his doctor about his constant low mood. His appointment is not before December but still glad he agreed to talk to him. Now will he do it? who knows but him just being open to the idea is a step in the right direction I think.

I think in a way it is good he blew up and left, at least he was not faking and was being true to himself. Being honest! And she got to see how we are together. And yeah, lots of bones got dug up. Hopefully we can clean the closet out.

I just hope we have not scared her off. That worries me a bit as she has not called us back yet. I do hope she calls back, it took me so long to find her!

Anyway, here is to hoping!

Today I had a visitor. It was geat. My aunt. I missed her so much! It was intense though as she is in crisis. I hope I managed to help her. But I am in one of my hyper moods so I am not sure I was helpful. I hope I helped more then I hindered! I am so syper! I ca't imagine sleeping. I feel like a rocket just before lift-off!  Not anxious, just oddly hyper! I feel like I am talking too fast and loud and, I don't know how to explain it lol. Anyway, today was a good day. I got to see my auntie and hug her and tell her I love her. Hyper or not, good day!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Rofl, even the rats are jumping ship THAT cracked me up!  Keep on it Tiger Doc, you only have to flex your muscles during these crazy times, things'll calm down.  And your hubby agreeing to go back is another big step!  It aint easy hearing you have issues you need to deal with, so I understand why he bailed the first time round.  And marriage therapists have got to see what you two did all the time...especially on the first visit.  That's when the closet opens and the dog bones first pop-up.

Cheers and good luck on round 2!

Btw, we went to the councellors yeaterday me and my hubby. We had been fighting all day, then we had therapy. Yeesh it got rough. I wonder what the poor lady would have been thinking!Oh man, in the cold light of therapy me and my hubby are even crazier and dysfunctional then previously estimated! He even stormed out before the end of the meeting and everything. But he agress to go back. That is if she will still have us. I left her a message to get a new appointment but she has not called back yet. Hope she gives us another appointment. We definetely need it! Anyway, so that is how that went.

Oh! And he denied having gaming issues in there I could have strangled him! Anyway, she told him he seemed depressed and he is responsible for getting better! That he did have to go for help and couldn't expect me to stand by him if he refused to help himself. That made me feel so much better! I am not crazy or mean for thinking that! Shrotly after he stormed out!

But he did accept going back if she wants us back. So here is to hoping she likes drama!
Hey Joe,

Yeah, I like my job but not THAT much lol!

As for the meds I still take them reluctantly. I struggle with it but I figure as long as the pros outweigh the cons I will take them. And hey my life can't possibly remain this insane much longer can it? It is not so craazy and yet it is. My life used to be crazier in the sense that I had more to do, more work, more school, etc...But now my life is crazy in the sense that there is more in it falling apart! I have more scrambling and fixing to do to try and keep the whole dang ship from sinking. I tell you atm, the rats are skipping ship! I am bailing the boat out but it is hard work! But As always I will be ok! Just need to get through this rough patch. And that is why I take the meds. More pros then cons. But I still HATE it!

Btw, thanks for empathizing with me on the finances and all that! Hard stuff to fix. I asked begged (note this is the verb to beg ) my boss for more hours. She was very nice but said she might not have anything for me till January !!! Bleh! But I will manage! I am stressed, we are broke, my hubby missed work yesterday and got sent home early today, our car is junk and we will need a new one, I won't have more cash till most likely January, Christmas is coming and all that but I will be ok! I am ok and I will be ok!

Oh and btw, I am a Tiger in a world full of gerbils, I love it! Joe, I love that thanks! Roar!

My school application are going nowhere and I feel terribly anxious about that. But I should have time to work on that tomorrow, hopefully. I am a tiger! I think you found me a new motto to add to the other ones!

Anyway, thanks for the replies Joe, it helps a lot!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rofl, I was about to say, Doc you must really like your job! 

If you struggle with taking meds and being ok with it, then there must be something there.  Or there's nothing there, and the mind is trying to find ghosts.  Tricky stuff, maybe jotting down pros/cons on the subject might bring some light to it.

Good luck at the counselor's!  Keep us posted on how that goes.

I hear you on the finances, I'm getting back on track by keeping track of my expenses and such.  It sucks sitting down and doing it, feel like my dad.  But hey, to get some freedom in that part of my life I'm willing to do it.

And keep on keeping on, Doc.  You're a tiger in a world full of gerbils, nothing can stand up to you!
Cheers!
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

P.S.: Before I wanted to type beg and I typed bed instead. So no, I will not BED my boss for more hours lol, I will BEG her for hours lol!!! Just thought I would clear that up!!! hahahahaha

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sarah and CrabbyRoad,

Well I am glad I manage to discuss my issues without being too depressing lol! I have still taken my meds yesterday both the anxiety pills and sleeping pills. Now why does that bother me so much. I am not anti-meds so why do I have trouble taking my own meds and being ok with it? I struggle a lot with that.

As for hubby, we are in a truce. witch means I ignore all the things that bug me and just endevour to play and have fun with him. Nothing gets doen then though so I get more anxious. but at least we don't fight? The house is a mess though. This truces always take a toll well on everything responsible...A truce with my hubby involves not asking help for anything and just haging about vegging. Think I might sneak some laundry in while he is out. See I can't clean when he is home and just doing nothing. I find it humiliating. So I find it easier to clean when he is gone. Anyway, hubby and me are in a truce. BTW, I realize my marriage is totally disfunctional! Got councellor's tomorrow though so that is good. Especially cause atm I am really sad and discouraged on how to make this owrk. Sometimes I feel like I am married to a depressed video game addicted adolescent! Bleh! I don't have the energy to get us both back on track.But we have the councellors tomorrow!

As for the house, it is driving me crazy. It is beyond messy. It is DIRTY!!!! I hate it. Makes me want to just move and leave all behing but the cats! Makes me feel so overhwlemed and tired and anxious. But I figure room by room I will get this back under control. Tomorrow hubby goes to work. Maybe I will manage some housework.

My finances are still a horrid mess. Not sure how to fix it. Gonna bed my boss for more hours. If that fails, hmmm not sure yet but I will figure it out.

My school stuff is a mess. But I will start getting that under control Thursday as I have the day off and house to myself. I hope I get that sorted. I will.

Our car is gonna croak soon. We need a new one and have no cash. Am hoping begging the boss for more hours will solve that too.

I gained weight and have heartburn  and that gives me chest pains and pains down my arm so now I feel bad. Want to get back to walking that usually helps! Wanna get back to eating better, that helps too!

Oh and I started losing my hair again. I had lost har before and it had stopped. Now I am losing it again. The perspective of becoming my families first woman with bald spots is not tempting. I can see thin spots now when I see my scalp through my hair that freaks me out.

Plus, well, sorry, warning you this will be too much info, but my breasts are bugging me. To the point of obsession. They are large and I can't help finding gravity has had a nasty effect on them. I have trouble finding bras that fit at a price I can afford. and even with a bra on I am unhappy with where they sit, I find them too low. I avoid mirrors or my reflection. I can't feel comfortable naked around my hubby. I feel uncomfortable naked alone with myself! I am having trouble dealing with this and this makes me depressed and full of angst. At least the weight I can do something about. This won't go away with proper eating and exercise! But I will maanage. Challenge my thought or something. Oh man, now I am crying, bleh!

I think my spression is making it hard for me to deal with all this crap I have in front of me. I feel anxious and I want to be proactive about thing. But I am tired and have little energy which means I can't get everything done that I would need to get done to feel less anxious.

But I will get it done, I will manage I always do. I am a survivor! And this is my new beginning.

Reading this thread: