Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

I had a minor panic attack...

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dazed Mommy, I'm sorry you had a bad day but I'm glad you are better!
I've had the choking feeling when my panic attacks came back this year. It was really scary and gross because I couldn't tell if I was really eating or not. Now they have gone away... but I still have other symptoms, and so I always carry a bottle of water with me.

Welcome, Freshstart! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

15 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I always carry water with me everywhere nowadays.  I tend to get a dry mouth when I'm anxious.  I also keep a protein bar or snack bar handy because I seem to be very sensitive to blood-sugar dips recently.
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks for the tips, I will try keeping a bottle of water close when eating.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there freshstart and welcome . You come to the right place . Koneko and me have been having trouble eating for awhile now but have finally began to get much better at it . That was a good tip DM gave you with the water i used to do that .
Its a case of trial and error for me , when i cant eat well i rty and eat things like bananas , yogurts and anything thats basically soft .
Things are easing now so there hope believe me .

Take care    CD
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Freshstart!

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Boy did yuo ever find the right site for support with this stuff. This site has helped me tons! Hang in there. It will get better. Keep us posted and welcome to the forums!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site freshstart!
There is lots of great advice, support, help and encouragement here, so you have come to the right place.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the program, and with the different features of the site. If you find it helpful, please give the instant messenger and blog feature a try.
Stay close, and keep us posted on how you are doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Freshstart!

Sounds like the same problem I have.  It gets better, don't worry!  It's pretty tough but this site has helped me tons.  I hope you experience the same and good luck!

I'm back to eating food I had a tough time with
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi freshstart...

I completely understand where you are coming from.. they are terrifying but they do get better.    There are a few conversations going on that could be of interest to you...
This being one of them...  It's about what pregnancy does and how it affects your anxiety.  With both my babies it got quite bad. 
The swallowing thing is terrible and I have only had it a few times but it can be scary.  A few people on here are dealing with that right now and may have some tips for you.   Everyone is so great and supportive.

I did find if I keep a bottle of water handy when I feel like that and taking drinks makes me realize that I'm ok..and that my tongue does work..lol.. and then I can start to relax again.

This will get better freshstart...just be patient with yourself.  You're not alone in this...and you'll find some wonderful resources through this site.

Take care...and check out the link.
 http://sg.paniccenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=54593&forum=28&forumname=Introduce%20Yourself!&topictitle=New%20mom%20anxiety
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, this is my first post. I started having panic attacks about 3 months ago, when my son was 3 months old. the first one scared the hell out of me, I thought I was dying.  I felt like my throat was closing off and I couldn't get a deep breath. things are much better now, but daily i have trouble swallowing my food, I feel like I'm going to choke. It mostly happens when I start thinking about it, but I find it really hard not to think about it. glad I found this site, hopefully things will get better
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ya DM , like the others its so lovely to read you are back to your happy self again yayyyy .

Reading this thread: