Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

No need to read, just doing some major venting...

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   This is great progress!  Continue to push forward and revel in your success!  

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
five and a half hours is five and a half hours - certainly better than none!  

hope you have a good rest and good luck for tomorrow!

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok me again.

Today went ok. I am realy happy with myself as I managed to get 5h30 of work done today. I am still a bit apprehensive about meeting my boss with only 5 hours of work done butI am happy that today went well. Anyway, time for me to go relax and get ready for bed. I hope you all had a really good day.

-Diva
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing yourself Diva .
thank you guys,

Friday was nice. We did go out. It was a good evening.Saturday was ok too.  Sunday was aweful. And today, well I have to try and catch up on some work. I guess I better get to it then lol!

Thanks again for sharing all that with me it makes me feel so much better. It is so good to know I am not alone in this!I feel so alone in this sometimes  but with you guys sharing with me and helping me it makes me feel a lot better. Will keep you posted!

-Diva
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,
Glad to 'read' from you. 
I am also glad that you are able to take those walks you've mentioned. I try to walk everyday on the weekdays but they are only about 15 min. and then another 5 with my old dog. Minnesota inspired me to ride on the bike and it is really refreshing... I suggest it if you have one! Just cruising it makes me happy.

And just like what Cornish Dee said, you are doing a great job at even having a job, especially in your condition. I really admire that! I think you've accomplished so much from just that. But don't forget it take it easy too!! You definitely deserve to treat yourself at all this that you are going through.

What is with husbands and their video games? I really don't understand their passion for it... my husband gets so emotionally involved with it, it really is frightening sometimes. I do hope things work the best for you two, I believe the best is spending time with each other.. and talking and knowing each other more and more.

When I am really not motivated and hopeless, I like to invision what makes me happy and how I'd want things to be to make me happy... and I write it down or draw it. Just by doing this it gives me a little excitement. Then I try to imagine ways that I can make it that way from the position I am in now... I think goals and imagery can help to motivate sometimes. 

Best wishes.

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva will echo what Danielle has said that you really do sound like you are having quite a tough time at the mo .

Now saying that it was lovely to read that you have been out and about , thats great stuff . 

Oh relationships hmmmmmmmm i havea hubby addicted to his pc games and theres nothing i can do to get him off it . Trust me i have tried lots of things . So can understand your frustration absolutely . Did you manage to ask him to go out ? Im glad you are getting on alot better , jeez marriage is hard work at times . 

Dont know what to say about your work as im still not back  myself , so well done you for even trying ! You will get there Diva , your body is telling you its needing all that rest for some reason .

Be kind to yourself , ttfn CD x

15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

Hang in there. Sounds like you're having a tough time in some areas but making good progress in others!

Do be sure to take good care of yourself. It always seems to make you feel better and take those blues away.

Keep us posted.

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
Hiya,

Well yesterday I only got one hour of work done and today I got none done. I feel really lame... Part of the problem is me feeling tired and sad and unmotivated. Also, though, I have realized I feel much anxiety about this project. I start working and I can tell that because of being so exhausted I am just not on par with my usual intellectual capacities. On top of it the research work I am doing this summer is in a whole different field then usual, it is all new to me. And between you and me I do not deal so well with the unknown, especially when I am tired and off my game. On top of that I have to meet my boss tuesday and she expects me to have something to show her...No pressure!So now I am dealing woith feeling sad and tired and with feeling stressed out about not disappointing or letting anyone down...I can't wait to just have more energy again...Bleh!

Was thinking of going out to supper with my husband tonight to try and have fun with him since I am still struggling with our relationship...IT is getting better rather then worse though which is good. Two things are stopping me though. 1-I feel ashamed of not doing work today and thus feel like I don't deserve a fun evening...2-I am afraid he will say no and it will hurt my feelings. I think tonight he would rather play his game...video game. That makes me feel like chopped liver...when he would rather play his online game then spend time with me. So I am afraid to ask and feel like I don'T deserve it anyway. /sigh.

Ok now that I vented, how about good news. I have been walking 5/7 days again for an hour a shot.I feel better for it. I have been widening my comfort zone for walking considerably too. The cool thing is now my comfort zome is big enough that I can walk all the way to the library to go get books for myself now. That I love since I love good books!

As I mentionned things are doing a bit better with the hubby which is good. We have a long way to go still but better is better!

Also, my family and husband too are  being very nice about my being tired and such. As well, I have noticed I don't need as much sleep anymore. For a while I was like sleeping 16-18 hours a day whether I wanted to or not. Now I am down to 10-12 hours.

Finally, I just have been feeling that as tired and sad I feel sometimes, I really feel like it is going to get better. I just hope I can pull this together before I get fired lol. But yeah, I really feel like I am going to come out of this :)

I really find that venting with you guys has heped me so much through this. It helps me get over the sadness and the anxiety. When I get so terrified of feeling the way I do, I remind myself that there is help out there and that I have great suport right here :) You guys are the best.

Thanks again!

-Diva
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, let us know how it goes.

Reading this thread: