Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

No need to read, just doing some major venting...

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today Diva?
Let us know,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diva

What a crappy day!  Sometimes just when things seem to be turning around and we're looking up...someone knocks you back down again.. I hate that. 

Relationships are never easy and when our spouses have a "hobby" that consumes vast amounts of time it can make even the most non jealous person jealous.... You want to be a priority too...and you are right to feel that way. 

What about setting up a date night?  or date afternoon?  So that it's pre planned and he can then plan his gaming time around your "dates"?   As you mentioned it does seem as though he is trying, just maybe not as much as you would like... baby steps..baby steps.. baby steps...  Sometimes we have to take just a little at a time... just like we do with ourselves and this anxiety crap... Soon those baby steps of his will add up to a big step...

My hubby and I often alternate who choses what to do on date night and the rule is you can't complain then... So if he picks a restaurant he LOVES and I hate... (Rib / steak places..lol).. I just gotta go with a smile..and when you love someone you do things for them because they make HIM happy not us... and vice versa of course!

As for that time of the month.. I had to laugh because my hubby and I got into it a bit the other day..and I started to cry...and he said in his manliest man tone... "Did you get your  "."?..... and although I wanted to punch him out.. and I vehemently denied it... later that day I did...and although it KILLED me to admit it to him later I did... but in our 18 years together every time I'm sure I want our marriage to end or I want to throw rocks at him... it usually arrives that day or next... lol... It can make even the strongest girl a bit emotional...

Well that's my two bits...

Take care Diva...and in your own words.. this too shall pass...

DM
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Diva just catching you before i head up to my bed here .

First of all sorry sorry to hear you are having a lousy day as well , must be something in the air ! Well i can certainly relate to some of what you are saying my dear . But wont go into my hubbys stuff today grrrrr ,

I also now get very anxious when i get mad , so try as hard as anything not too . Not an easy task when you get days like you are getting i know . It also feels trebley hard when it 'that time' as well . I think your husband is abit naughty and a tiny bit unfair .

Chin up , and try to do something that you enjoy even if its on your own . Hope he grovels !!

Big hugs CD xxxxxx
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Am I being too hard on him? Am I being unreasonable? I keep feeling like somehow I am just too needy or I am being unreasonable. And yet I can't help but feel left out or just unimportant when he does this. Now I just found out that this thing is even longer then anticipated...Atm I feel trapped and stupid for being here. Why am I still here if this game means so much more, how stupid am I? No movie today...I guess it is ok, I was tired and achy anyway...Why does anger make me feel so anxious anyway? Guess I might as well just stop being angry then lol. Anyway, was just wondering if maybe I am just the one who expects too much...
Man, it looks like today is a hard day for a lot of people!

Me I am having a really bad day. It is that time of the month (sorry if too much info). I feel like eating my anxiety and sorrows away (which I know is a bad idea) which means I feel hungry non stop (my mind is good at telling my body it is hungry when it is not!). I feel sad and depressed. I am tired and aching.On top of it my husband is at it again. Funny how when I am angry I feel so much more anxious. Wonder what that is all about!

I had asked him to go to a matinée movie this weekend. Yesterday he said he wanted to clean so could we do it today. So I went to do the shopping with my mom to help out. He said he would do the dishes and a bit of laundry. Well, when I came home like 4 hours later, the dishes were not done nor was the laundry. So I had to do the laundry then the dishes before I could make supper...

Then he said today would be the movie and cleaning the carpets. Well up to now he has been playing all day. He said he had forgotten but that he had planned this game vent with his online friends all week! And he said he could not possibly let them down! So I said: Oh but it is ok to let me down? And he said well there are no movies I want to see anyway!...Then he did apologize and say he will be more careful (which is nice) but he is still doing this thing though. Been at it for 4 hours now. There goes my matinée! I am tired that his gaming comes before me.He says he doesn't want to do stuff with me as much as play cause I don't come up with fun things to do but even when I do try to find activities for us he doesn't want to. There are plenty of good movies out there! Feeling so sad atm. I hope he is more careful in the future like he said, but I don't know that he will be...

I feel trapped and achy and anxious and sad and angry and Urgh! Just another person having a bad day I guess!
Thank you all of you! Still not sleeping well so pretty tired. Will keep you all posted, and you guys keep me posted too!

Take care!
15 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My fiancee and I actually play video games together so I can't really relate there!

I'm glad you had a good meeting with your boss, that's great!  Have a good day tomorrow
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Diva, glad your boss is happy, thats good news.  Also glad hubby did some chores, thats great. Good to hear, have a good sleep.
Hiya!

Thank you for all your lovwely replies. Sorry for the short and unpersonnalised response but am exhausted   as I have had very little sleep in the last three days.

Boy I can so relate to all of your husband stories! Thanks so much for sharing with me, I feel very understood. Today my husband has the day off and has been playing a lot.  But he did mow the lawn and do the whipper-snipper so that is one good thing done. Am trying not to get on him about the playing....

Went to work today to meet my boss. It went well. She was full of compliments for me and my work so am really glad about that.

Will go now as I am nodding off on keyboard. Take care all and thank you for your wonderful support!
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband used to be very addicted to games, in fact, if he starts again, he will get really into it still. The problem I had with him about the games was that he would get emotionally involved in them and would become really scary when he loses (a REAL bitter loser!!) He's broken many controllers and things around the t.v.  because he throws it and breaks it. These days, coming back from Afghansitan and since we are living separately, I have all his games, and he just watches cartoons on the internet when he's bored. But he's taken up working out these days, a hobby I can agree with!! Maybe boys need to release their aggression one way or another.. maybe you girls can suggest the gym to them or join a sports team.

Reading this thread: