Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

No need to read, just doing some major venting...

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, Sorry to hear you are feeling down again, Glad you took your dog out tho. I hope you have a good weekend.   Pamper yourself and try keep your chin up:)
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there Diva ,  i spotted you in another thread and asked how you were doing so just ignore it lol . Good that you are feeling an insy bit better . Remember to be kind to yourself .

Take Care CD 

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the lovely and supportive responses!

Today I am still tired, exhausted and moody but doing much better then the other day. I figure I will attempt to get some work hours done today. That makes me nervous as I am not sure how well I wil do since I am already tired. So I wil let you know how it goes! Thanks again to all of you.

-Diva
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys.

I hope you are fine, Diva!

Miki being a mum myself i wouldnt say my kids are burdens . As yours wouldnt . From what you wrote before she sounds lovely . Sorry to hear she has glucoma , but thats quite treatable isnt it ? So hopefully she will be better soon

As for being angry , that goes hand in hand with depression and like you said later on you thoght it was funny . How are youn doing now ? 

CD
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miki,   It's great to hear that you are able to see the lighter side of things, ( the chair rolling into you), even if it wasn't funny at the time. Looking back, how can this experience help you in the future?     Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, I am in the low side again myself. And as sad as it may sound I found relief in your entry. I don't want you to be sad... but why is there a comfort when I know someone else is too???? That's nuts!!! But anyways, I guess that's how it works?? My room is such a mess too... and there's this thing in me that thinks that maybe if I clean my room my emotions will get clean too. That sort of excites me, just by thinking about it, but I still haven't cleaned! I am feeling better then yesterday, but yesterday, I decided I should take my dog for a walk. I really didn't want to but from not expecting anything, it was really nice seeing the sunset and the pretty trees in my neighborhood. I only went out for like 5 minutes (my dog is old) but I was really glad that I did. I sometimes just step outside and sit on the steps and look at the sky. Nature really helps when I am blue. And I give myself small credit for at least stepping out, even if it's 1 min.

I went to the eye doctor with my mom yesterday, since I thought I felt fine. This was an appointment for her and I thought I can help her out by just going with her. But on the way there, I felt nauseous again and I got really disappointed in myself. I can't even give her something back! I thought. So, I waited in the car until she finished and on the way back home, the chair in back of me kept rolling, so every time my mom put on her brakes, the chair would crash into my chair and hit my head. This made me really furious, because I felt like when something bad happens, it just keeps happening! Now I think about it, it's kind of funny, but I sooo didn't want to laugh then! And of course my mom is starting to have glaucoma. I don't want to be a burden to her anymore... and I hope I can be of some kind of help for her. Anyways, thats my story.

I hope today is better for you, Diva. I want you to know that you've really helped me out a lot!!  

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Diva,  I hope you are doing better? I find just a walk down the street makes me feel more alive and want to do things more. Dont worry about not doing the chores either, everyone needs a break from that:) I hope you are doing ok....
How you doing today Diva ?
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

No need to apologize, you've been a star to many people on this site and given a lot of great advice.

Try setting some small achievable goals to get things back on track. To get the house back in order start out with little chores (doing the dishes) and reward yourself when you accomplish the task. Try to plan some pleasurable activities to get out and have a good time. Some examples are:
  • Going for a walk
  • Getting dressed up
  • Watching sports on television with a friend
  • Meeting someone new
  • Going to a concert
  • Having coffee with a friend
  • Going shopping for myself
  • Going to the beach
  • Playing golf
  • Climbing
  • Reading sacred books
  • Going to see a sports event
  • Going to watch a race
  • Reading books or magazines
  • Going to a bar, pub, or club with a friend
The list is endless. Members, can you contribute any activities to the list?

Keep focusing on the positives and challenging your negative thoughts.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: