Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

My cat has gone missing...

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Wrestler thank you for sharing that story with me :) I really did enjoy it. And I am glad it had a happy ending for your wife, you and pinky :) It was a lovely story and I appreciate you sharing it with me :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a little late on this topic. I am so glad you found your cat. I know how badly losing a pet or loved one can make you feel. My wife lost her cat back in 2005 for about a week. She had gotten out back of her parents' house and probably got scared and ran off into the woods. We were not married at the time, but I was already in love with my future wife, so this was a really hard thing for both of us. My wife never gave up hope. I even scouted around for a new cat just incase "Pinky" did not come back. Well, one late night, my wife's mother saw the cat out back of their house and brought her into my wife's room. She was dirty, looked like she had not eaten in a few days, but she was back. My wife has had this cat since her 17th birthday. She's 33 now. So you can imagine how special a cat she is. My reward is I now share the bed with my wife, and of course, Pinky the Cat, who thinks she's sharing the bed with us. Hope you enjoyed this story.
Well, I managed to calm down enough to sleep eventually. And this site already helped, writting what was going on with me yesterday really helped me not lose it. Thanks and sorry if this was an inconvenience to anyone. -Diva
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, We are glad that you found everyone! You made it through this fear and this is commendable. Make sure you rest and get some sleep, let us know if we can help :) Josie _______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
Hubby finally came home. I am glad this is all over. Everybody is back safely into the house. I am very relieved but really shaken up. One of my biggest fears is about stuff like that... Losing the people (or animals I love). This kind of thing really triggers my anxiety in a major way. I will go do some relaxation and breathing and try to go to sleep. Sorry for all the posts and the play by play of the whole thing. I was just at a point where I needed to write it out so I didn't go out of my mind. Thanks for letting me freak out on here and sorry for the ranting. -Diva
I went back outside in my pyjamas to walk around to find my cat. And I did mange to find him finally. He has been gone for hours but he is finally back. Now the only problem is that while I was writing my first post my hubby left the house without a word, probably to go look for the cat and has not returned yet. So now I found the cat but I can't find my hubby... What a night... Now I will stay up and anxiously wait for my husband to come home... Haven't had to talk myself down from the ceiling so much in a while... Hours worried about the cat, now worried about my husband... -Diva
I didn't know where to post this. It isn't a setback really per say, but I am very upset atm. My husband went outside to smoke in the backyard and let the cat outside ith him. Then he came back in and forgot to bring in the cat. So the cat jumped over the fence and ran away. He is an indoor cat not used to the outside. And he hasn't had his shots this year yet...we couldn't afford it. On top of it he doesn't have his collar on atm. I have walked around the neighbourhood to find him but he isn't turning up. On top of it we live near some very busy roads... And there are tons of big dogs in my neighbourhood and not all of them are on leashes even tho they should be. I am just very scared. I know to some of you this might seem silly cause he is just a cat. But to me he is much more, heis a member of my family. I love my cats. I just want my cat to come home. My husband tells me to go to sleep since I work tomorrow early but I can't sleep all I can think of is my cat being lost out there.I just want my cat to come back.I hate this.Anyway, not sure what else to say except I am anxious and don't know what to do with myself atm. Later guys. -Diva

Reading this thread: