Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,510 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

OCD and anxiety: A bad mix

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wrestler1, That's great! You're making progress! Congrats! Keep it up and thanks for sharing! Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you also, Bredan. It means a lot that people can relate to others who have similar situations. The best thing to do is keep living and doing things even though it can be rough. I was out today with my wife shopping for things and I drove on the way home and was a bit scared. My thoughts have been a bit out of this world today, but we got some painting done and I even got in 20 minutes on the bike just a bit ago. Well, time for bed. Thanks again for noticing my post, David/wrestler
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi wrestler I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and feelings in your posts. I feel exactly the same way you do and reading your posts really does help me. Thanks again!!
17 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again David, You have the right idea - come here and vent anytime! Know that others gain from the insight and experiences of panic that you are sharing. Casey __________________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
It's been two weeks since I last posted, but it seemed like a month. I was feeling much better for a while, but the cycle has come around again and the patter I usually experience is ongoing. It's odd that we think we'll always feel better when we are feeling good and when we feel bad we think we'll never feel good again. But then it happens, the good feelings come back. I can narrow my pattern down this time to just under two weeks. Though I was feeling great, I still had anxiety. But the anxiety was about normal stuff and not anxiety about stuff that might happen like disasters, etc. I still cannot pinpoint why many people, myself included, slip occasionally and seem to fall back into a period where we feel so uncomfrtable with our thoughts. I know some is physical and some is pshycological. Anyway, I wanted to post for a couple of reasons: 1. to vent my feelings to people who understand in the hopes it may help all of us. And 2. to vent for myself because it always helps when I am able to come out with my feelings. My wife is always very helpful when she and I talk about it. Thanks, David
Thanks Casey. I once again did more work than I ever thought I was going to d today. I did not feel 100%, but I made it through the day. One more and it's the weekend. I am home with my wife now. I had a great afternoon of exercising and spending a little time with a niece and nephew. I'm still suffering some effects of dissociation and fear of certain life situations, like being afraid of dying. That one's been with me since I was a child. It's an odd fear. Religion helps some people, but maybe I have not seen the light yet, like some people do. What helps me with fear the best if exhausting myself doing yard chores or working out. I better do some more. :-) Thanks again, David
17 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi David, It is great to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by with an update. Your post is very insightful into how you have been feeling lately. We love to hear about members' progress! Good for you for making it through your workday today! Let these types of experiences give you strength for bigger challenges. Take care, Casey ________________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
Hello all; Been a while since I've written. You might say I am not feeling the best right now, but I can feel myself coming to a turnaround. I seem to go 2-3 weeks of feeling pretty good, and then the wheels seem to get a bit mixed. The problem right now is severe OCD with a bit of anxiety that leads to panic and depression. Yes, you've been there, most of you anyway. But it still never is an invited guest. In the past year, or so, I've gotten engaged, married, and we're buying a house and I changed jobs after nearly 8 years with the same company. I'm hoping to find a relaxation point where my mind will stop this nasty cycle of OCD, anxiety, panic and depression/sadness. I feel by coming here and venting again, I can leave some of it where people understand and maybe even help a few. I know some of you remember me and I hope you're all doing well. it's kind of strange: Do you ever get to a point where you feel so good it's like you never felt bad before, and then the opposite happens... you get to a low point and the fear becomes very trying and you feel as if you've felt that way for a month or so. Well, that about explains my feelings when they're good and bad. This morning I was feeling so sad and scared I nearly wanted to play hookey from work, but my lovely wife encouraged me to start my day and, wouldn't you know it, I made it through the day and was fairly productive at work. There's another issue: Work. I need to change jobs. * hours behind a computer in the corner of a room in a cubicle is not the best idea for someone with panic, anxiety or any type of stress disorder. OK, time for me to go. Thanks to anyone who reads this and I'll be back soon. Take care, David the Wrestler

Reading this thread: