Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Learning to slow down and smell the roses.

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eleveno,
I'm planning a class this weekend as a demo.  What does yoga do to allow one to "slow down"?  What do you think are the factors influencing our pace of life?  I'm asking since pace was important in work.
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We know that it is really important to slow down but it is difficult do put this in practice. In my case I found that practicing yoga regularly helps me slowing down.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So true how much the little things around us make all the difference.  The other night I was able to look up at the night sky (being able to get out of the city!) and sit in awe of the expanse of the sky and stars.  There's something about looking up at stars that makes you reflect on your life in the moment.
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The fact that thousand year old practises such as yoga teaching breathing still exist tell us the value of being present
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is hot and right now when I sit on my porch putting on my gardening shoes I can smell the wild roses and the tame ones are just opening. It is hard to slow down and take some quiet time but I'm getting better. This spring I sat and smelled the apple blossoms. 15 years I've had those trees and never took the time to sit and smell them. Same with the lilacs. Yes I'm a bit behind now but I do feel better and the world looks better, weeds and all. Right now I'm looking at clouds before going for supper. It is a long time since I last did that. A person doesn't have to literally smell the roses but I think taking care of ourselves stress wise has to come first if we are ever to truly get better. I used to enjoy walking when I still could. Those of you that can should. Take the time to stand tall and walk slowly enjoying the world around you. You can find something good even in the worst day.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to agree letting ourselves slow down is very necessary to our health and well being...I have started to let myself slow down over the last couple of months...This is something I really struggled with but I am beginning to feel more comfortable with letting myself rest and relax when I need to or want to for that matter...

Red
12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After reading what Davit said about allowing ourselves to slow down..i started to think about that,and yes..i agree!
Now, i have to allow myself that time each and everyday..
There are times, we have to stop,and be still in order to hear our own inner voice..
Bren

Reading this thread: