Your having anxious thoughts about traveling and when we expect the worst we tend to be on the lookout for any small signs that we might be starting to panic. As it may be hard to do exposure therapy, you will have to work hard on challenging your anxious thoughts. Here's list of questions to think about.
1. Is it "true"?
2. How do I know it€™s true?
3. Is it 100% true? (remember something that is 75% or 99% true is not 100% true)
4. What's the evidence for it being true?
5. What's the evidence against it being true?
6. Has it ever happened before?
7. What's different now?
8. If it were true, how bad would it really be?
9. What's the worst thing that could happen?
10. If the worst thing happened, how bad would it really be?
Members, can you think of any ways to practice exposure therapy.
Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator