Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

don't know what to do...

16 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Diva and Casey, thanks for your support. I think it's all in one time- health problems, situation at work, I have to fly in this weekend etc. Maybe it's too much for me at one time. I would be happy if I could do all the exercises I have learned through the online program but I do not have much free time. I have to work. :( I wish I could take a break for a week, prepare for the flight (lol)...relax, do exercises, repeat all the knowledge I have learnt through this program etc. But there is no such possibility. I have to relax when I cannot relax! :( The most interesting thing about flying on an airplane is that some time ago I was afraid of feeling claustrophobic in an aircraft but now I am more thinking of an airplane not to crash..:) at least the good news is that it is not claustrophobia anymore :D
16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Madara, Thanks for sharing these thoughts here with us. Diva has provided some excellent advice for you! Use some of the techniques that you have learned through the online program exercises to help you through some of these challenges. Remember to let your previous successes and progress give you the strength to overcome these fears. Keep us posted, Casey ________________________ The PC Support Team
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Madara, I think we all experience setbacks here and there. I know I did experience one recently. I am glad you came here to vent and express how you felt. As for not knowing what to do, I find that what helped me get out of my setback was to work the program (do interoceptive exposure work, exposure work and thought challenging along with progressive relaxation and breathing exercises). I really feel that this is what helped me getback on track, Anyway, sorry I don't have any "magic" advice for you to make this go away, I wish I did! Hope this helps a bit tho. Hang in there and take care! And remember, this too shall pass! -Diva
...I mean not "fair" but "fear"..
I've been OK lately (without medicine) but the last week I feel anxious again. I think the reason is the situation at my job. I like my job but don't like the atmosphere there, I mean, the director (a woman). She's kind to me, but she's overloading me with work always. I am soo tired. Besides, I don't like her as a person. I am trying to search for a new job. Also, I have to fly in this weekend (my fair of flying on an airplane)...and there are some health problems as well (I know I am catastrophizing about them, as always....)..all in all, I feel anxiety and inner pressure (no energy and heavy body). I hate to feel this feeling...I thought I am doing OK, making progress but now it is a small setback :( don't know what to do...just wanted to vent...

Reading this thread: