Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

If there is any opponent, please share your experience

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you! -Diva
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, If you type in a message, the next time the member logs on, it should show your message, however, this may not be the case if the member does not log on for an extended period of time. Hope this helps, Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How does one leave a message for a member who is offline? Thanks! -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, You can leave a message for someone who is offline. Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
16 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've never used that IM deal before. Would I be able to leave messages for someone who's not online? I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to advertise products. Your local library should have these people's books for free, and that's the best way to find out if they'll be a help to you before committing any of your money to their programs. Of course, this is in addition to whatever your doctor advised for you. Some of these programs cost quite a chunk of change and you can get most of the information from reading their books. I did get a certain program with all the CDs and the workbook, but found that most of the information was stuff I had already read in books. There's just the addition of people on the CD's recounting their experiences, which can be a help or a hindrance. I guess it's useful for when you want to listen to it in your car or while multi-tasking. From what I've seen, the program here at this site is fairly similar, though. My only point was that we shouldn't just accept the idea that we'll never get better and the best we can hope for is to manage our symptoms. Look at Paula Deen from the Food Network. She was an agoraphobic for years, and now she's traveling all over the place, doing TV shows, and being very successful. She sure looks happy.
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, You can use the IM Messenger to relay this type of information! Please also be sure to check with your doctor and work together to come up with a plan that is right for you :) Josie _______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
16 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey sue im thinking of ordering the Lucinda Bassett program do u have any information about it like is it worth buying it and does it work?????
16 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Man, if I believed that this was a problem I'd never see the end of, I'd be depressed for sure. Thankfully, people like Lucinda Bassett and especially Dr. Claire Weekes have convinced me that you really can recover and get your life back. That doesn't mean you'll never have anxiety again. It just means you won't experience it any more than the average person does, and you'll recognize it and know how to deal with it. Depression is definitely something you can get over. So many people experience a bout of depression during their lifetime, but they don't stay depressed for the rest of their lives. I think the difference is in the way people go about treating it. Some people get doctors who want to put them on medication indefinitely and just change the prescription whenever they develop a tolerance for it, and those people may very well spend their whole life battling this problem as their brain gets used to having that extra help. Others will get doctors who put them on pills only temporarily while they also get the therapy they need to recover. Still others may not be put on medication at all, but opt for something like cognitive behavioral therapy to learn how to deal with this problem. These are just my opinions, but I do so highly respect the work of Dr. Weekes. When she starts her book off with "The advice given here will definitely cure you if you follow it," I believe her. It's the following it that becomes the challenge. It's not easy changing the way you think, and sometimes it takes us a long time to "get it," but that doesn't mean we never will. I recommend reading at least the first chapter of [i]Hope and Help For Your Nerves[/i] whenever you need encouragement about recovering. I know there are two schools of thought out there: those who think we were born to have a chemical imbalance and that the best we can do is to just manage it, and those who believe our negative emotions created that chemical imbalance and that changing our thinking can lead us to recovery. I belong to the second school.
16 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Danielle, thanks for your advice :) I can't understand, one day I am really depressed, tired, feeling like balancing on the edge, feeling sick etc., the other day I can live quite a normal life. I know, I have to discuss it with my psychoterapist and I am going to do that.... And this inner anxiety that I feel after coming off antidepressants (the good thing is that thanks to this site (CBT program) I have learned to control my anxiety quite OK). Also I know each stressful situation makes me feel bad (emotionally and physically).:(
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, Keep working through the program here and use the tools of our sister site. For instance, the mood tracker of our sister site may be helpful to you in discovering any patterns and will teach you skills on how to combat negative thoughts. Also be sure to keep working with your psychotherapist. He/she will is better able to determine if your depression is long-standing, new and whether it relates to you panic. Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team

Reading this thread: