Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Urination problems---A symptom or something else?

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Joe just be glad you just have to tinkle i have to go #2 and it will not wait come on all of a sudden there is no waiting its go then or go on myself and yes if there is not a potty some where close my panic mood starts im so afraid to go on my self!!!!! But there is hope when i first start to get the feeling that i need to go i start telling myself over and over everything will be ok and i will not go on myself this gets me to a potty and the funny thing is i have never gone on myself but its just that panic and the feeling of having to go! and yes its hard for people to understand but i just say the heck with them and go to the nearest potty and once its all over with i start to calm down and the feelings start to calm down also. Gal
17 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have the same type of issue, I will not go anywhere where there is no restroom. If I go out - I always find out where the restroom is first in case I need to go in a hurry (its a security thing). Mine is caused by panic/anxiety - I have been tested for everything else - and I am actually much better if I know the place where we are going to, a venue I have been to before & I know exactly where the restrooms are. I have not been able to control it as such yet, but I make sure I am with people that understand I need to go more often than most - the more relaxed I am the less I need to go. Like you, I can be just leaving & then think I need to go again - in case there is no restroom for another 20 minutes! Anxiety is often helped by avoiding situations where something uncomfortable has happened before (your urgency, actually embarassing yourself or having a panic attack). There are place in this website that show you what to look for and the steps you take to understanding it - which I think is the closest thing to a cure - its a thought process that runs wild. You are not alone, I have anxiety issues and this is a very big symptom of mine and I am normal (well - i'm getting there haha). Toni nb* Aloe Vera juice is the best thing I have taken.
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had the same problem. This is what worked for me. I gave up(almost) the coffee, soda and started drinking lots and lots of water. (because I too thought maybe a bladder/ut infection)The water makes me go more. So when I go, I go alot and actually get a relief. Before I just went some, but often. I still go often but for some reason it is easier because I am peeing so much at one time. Boy, That was hard to explain.... So, what I am trying to say is if you get it all out it feels better. uuuhhhh.. I hope this at least makes some sense.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JoeX111, Welcome to the Panic Center! Start working through our panic program, it may help you with this problem and gaining some control over it. We also recommend you keep seeking out professional advice on this matter. Our moderators are always here to answer any questions you may have regarding our program. Keep us updated on your progress, Danielle _______________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you have any recommendations as far as treatment goes? I'm kind of in a rut as to where to go with this. The few medications I've been on haven't worked, but I'm thinking about trying an herbal remedy like L-Theanine, at least for the time being...
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joe, I've had a similar problem for years. The urgency to go #1 or #2 will happen, I get anxious some times go into panic. I don't like being away from a restroom, and sometimes fear embarassment. I've had Panic disorder for about five years now and function pretty well. We all have our relapses though. I can say don't avoid it makes it worse! Don't be embarassed if you need to go or get anxious because true friends and family will understand. I'm reading a book called freedom from fear, overcoming anxiety, phobias, and panic by Howard Liebgold MD. There is a whole section about this urination/bowel issue...its very common. There is hope!
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first post here and I am a little embarassed about my issues, so please bare with me here. About a year and a half ago, I started developing urination problems. At random times, I would just suddenly have to go without warning and without any ability to hold it for more than a couple of minutes. At first I figured it was a urinary tract infection. I'd never heard of a guy having one, but I figured it wasn't impossible. So I went to the doctor, told him about it, and he gave me some pills to get rid of it. But it didn't go away. I went through three different doctors and one urologist, each prescribing me different things, and none of which able to find a single thing physically wrong with me. The urologist told me that maybe I just drink too much soda, so I wrote off soda, caffeine, and chocolate and haven't had any for almost a year. Finally, they told me to see a therapist, which I did at my college. He told me that he believed it was anxiety related and, after a twenty minute session, put me on lexapro. I'm beginning to think I have a form of agoraphobia. When I'm out and about, it becomes much more of a problem. I worry that I wont be able to find a restroom and that I'll embarass myself. I worry that when I'm out with friends, I'll constantly have to duck away from them to use a bathroom and that they will think less of me. And worst of all, when I am stuck in the car on family road trips, I have to make the family stop almost every half hour, prompting everyone to get mad at me (not that family trips weren't stressful enough before this!). Does this sound like a panic disorder to any of you? I don't know anymore. I've seen lots of doctors and none of them know what is wrong with me. The lexapro did nothing for the months upon months that I took it, even at higher doses. The college shrink could only see me once every two months or so at best, and then only for about thirty minutes, so I finally stopped going. And went off the medication. As long as I am at home or in a safe place, I feel fine enough. It comes up now and again, but it isn't something I am worried about. But when I go out....it's like I have to know exactly how I can get out of there to a restroom or something bad will happen. When I'm with my friends and hav

Reading this thread: