Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Need advice, what would you do?

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ripper1098, Ultimately, as Casey said, you have to do what's in your best interest. Your parents may be dissapointed or angry but that will pass. Although I can appreciate the fact you want to help your family, keep yourself and your well-being as the number one priority. Keep working closely with your psychiatrist and let us know how you're doing. Danielle ________________________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am here and I dont want to be. Avoiding?? I dont think so. Wanting to continue with my psychologist, yes. Also wanting some sort of norm in my life, yes. Wanting to develop a pattern where I can get better, yes. Being here with my family is good, cause its family. But honestly, no one understands. I told my parents I am only working these 2 weeks then I am going back home. They are mad. But honestly. I do not want to be here, talking about the business, thinking about it, makes my anxiety sky rocket. Days before I even left to come to work my anxiety was out of control. And now that I am here I am dreading it all and dont want to be here. I cried half way here (8 hour drive). Ive never done that. I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat. I am frustrated, I am trying to make the best of it. I just want it to be over and I want to go home. There are other things too, like my mother bugging me about my weight, telling me I shouldn't be eating Mini Wheats because its too much calories to have in the morning. Shes always said things about my weight. and it just is bothering me more so cause Im not happy like this, I want to be thinner and healthier, but like my psychologist said, it will come off easier once I am happier and more at peace with my mind. Blah...I dont know. Im going crazy being here, thats all I know.
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ripper. I hate decision making....i can never decide on what to do lol. However, you have to do what is best for your health right now. I need to ask you a question and I really want you to reflect on it because I tend to this myself. Ok, do you think you don't want to go work for your family because you are afraid your anxiety will get worse? By this i mean, ARE YOU AVOIDING? Or, do you reall not want to go because you want to keep seeing your psychologist? If you are really avoiding, I think you should just go! I think maybe if you stay, you will be angry at your self in the long-run. I dont' want you to avoid! However, if you truly feel that you need to stay simply because of your psychological treatments, i encourage you to stay! I think your health always comes first. and if this is helping you now, why not continue this treatment until you get better! Think about it! Really find a genuine answer that will help you feel better in the long-run! let us know what you will do! Good luck and we are here for you!
17 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ripper, Don't you hate being between a rock & a hard place! This decision has to be entirely up to you, if you cannot do it - then you cannot do it. If you think you 'might' not be able to do it; it may merit some consideration. Your family need you - you said you always go, what has changed the anxiety in 12 months? I really feel for you, personally, I don't think I would have the courage to go, but I would be disappointed and angry. Use the tools you have in place, your professional help (incl medication), this website, support group and your family. I wish you the best of luck, I will keep checking up on here to see how you are getting on. Whatever the outcome be proud of the steps you took to get to that outcome, you will have learnt something - I wish you courage, serenity and a lot of smiles.
17 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ripper, Fellow members will be responding soon. Sounds like you have a tough decision to make. Is there any way you can see your psychologist before you go? They may be able to assist you with setting up a plan of coping mechanisms if you decide to go. You mentioned that your family does not understand what you are going through. Sometimes this can be due to a lack of information and understanding about anxiety disorder. Maybe printing off some information about panic and anxiety might help them to understand your situation a little more. Take your time with your decision. Remember you have to do what is best for you in the long run. If you do decide to go, maybe setting a shorter time limit to your trip may help so that you can still follow up with your psychologist within a reasonable time. Let us know how you are doing, Casey __________________________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
About 5 weeks ago I started Zoloft, I am up to 75mg. About 4 weeks ago I started seeing a psychologist. I started on Zoloft ay 50mg, and got upped almost 2 weeks ago to 75mg. I have not been working or going to school for the last month, I have been told by my psychologist to try and sleep as much as possible. Which I have been trying to do. I have to go work for my family in a few days. Which I have done every summer for the last 10 years of my life. It is added stress, and I know it is. My psychologist doesnt want me to go. I said I had to go work for 2 weeks because its the busiest time for my family and they NEED me. But they also want me to work longer..... Problem is, I am already beginning to experience more anxiety because I am thinking soo much about working there and what it may do to me. I had a terrible sleep last night, I fought to stay asleep, and then was exhausted all day today. Then tonight I have tried to go to bed, but no such luck. Its been 4 hours and still can't sleep. I know the minute I try and relax to fall asleep the anxiety will set in full tilt. So, advice... I honestly dont want to work for my family, Im not ready... but they need me. I feel I have no choice, but no one understands what I am going through. Not my family, and even if I try to explain they still dont understand. What would you do? I seriously wont be able to handle this if it continues. And if I work the entire time they want me too it will be over a month before I see my psychologist again....:( I dont know what to do....

Reading this thread: