Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Really Mad!

18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debbie just wanting to know how you got on today did you go to the ER??How have you been going with the meds??I hope you are well. Lulu..
18 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so sorry Debbie, Isn't there anyone else you can speak with at the clinic? What about the hospital? You mentioned that your husband has health insurance, can that cover the visit and medication? I also live in Canada, and we can go to the doctor as we are covered by our province -- I live in Ontario. Perhaps, you can speak with a pharmacist...Debbie, hang in there...breathe and it will be okay...and if you have to spend extra money, it's okay because it's not about money it's about your health! Tell your husband that....My husband does the same thing to me...Sending you hugs and prayers....please write back... B
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Debbie! How's it going? How are you feeling? Are you going to the ER?
18 years ago 0 444 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lulu Allison and Vickers, The health care system in Florida is bad along with the school system and the cost of living. I broke down and took the third and final antibotic, I have not had those electric like shocks or bad headache, yet? It made me queasy with some loose stool, nothing I cannot live with. If I am not better by tomm I will go to ER the insurance will cover it except for a $100.00 co-pay which is what I spent at that Doctors office. If my primary just could of seen me I would not of had to go through this hellish experience, the practioner is gone I saw out-of-pocket and the Doctor wants full price for the appt, another culture so I may as well go to ER. Some positive news is that health options my HMO assigned me a new primary, I am going to call first thing Monday for an appt he is very close to home and people seem to like him alot. I guess first my primary not seeing me for my low co-pay, we pay $400.00 a month for this then spending all that at another office just floored me! Hopefully this new assigned Doctor will help me. My husband is applying for other jobs, these shifts do not help and my son misses him so much. I am going to try to get a good nights sleep and hopefully in the morning things will look better. You are right Vickers its insane, its like some nightmare or something I pray things will look up. When I lived in Ohio I recieved excellent medical care. God bless you all for caring. Debbie.
18 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Debbie! This is just so insane! :mad: I live in Utah and have never been treated like that by a doctor here. You need to find a different doctor - you pay for their services - demand better and don't settle for less! I am really sorry you're having to go through this! And, trust me, I understand the money problems all too well - but, I think you're going to need to go to another doctor because you need the meds to get the infection cleared up. Your health is more important than money could ever be. Doctor offices and / or hospitals will take payments - pharmacies can't, but doctors will. It is a federal law that if you need medical help and cannot pay, you still have to be seen. It's called the Hipocratic Oath - and it is a law. Go to the hospital, tell them you don't have any money to pay for this and they will have forms you can fill out for financial help. Most hospitals (every hospital here in Utah) also have something where they will pay for the bill through donations they receive if you qualify. Explain the situation to them and they will help you! You will have to pay for the prescription though. I'm sorry if all that advice sounds like venting, but I work at a doctor's office and that just really ticks me off that you would be treated like that from a doctor and his staff! ARGH
18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debbie how are you feeling now? I would make the trip to the ER your obviously not getting the care you need from the doctor you have been seeing Is there another doctor you can see?My doctor is so understanding she is fantastic and even if there is nothing wrong when i think there is she reassures me its only anxiety so i feel for you being in the position your in. Lulu..
Allison, I have a fever and feel awful. My only option I guess is the guess is the emergency room, if I am not better tomm I will go, it just galls me that I went to the Doctors and spent money I do not have and now they will not finish treating me, a phone call to the pharmacy would solve everything, they will not do payments they want the money up front. There is nothing else I can do today, but hope and pray it gets better, the antibotics are gone, I have nothing else I will just have to wing it. Thanks for listening. Deb.
A minor bladder infection could clear up on its own, but a major kidney infection probably won't. Is there any free clinics or financial aid a possiblity? (I'm obviously from Canada, eh?) ;)
Well, I wouldn't wait too long to see if it just goes away. How much does it cost is it to see the doctor? Do you have another appointment book? I think you have to go no matter what it costs. Can you pay by credit card or installments? I'm sure you must be so tired, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I guess the doctor's reasoning is that you have to be re-evaluated, doctors here can't precribe anything until they see you no matter how small a problem it is. I know you're feeling ripped off in everyway, but you need to do whatever it is to get better and deal with consequences later of the money issue. If you don't want this spreading and getting worse you going to have to so something about it. Hang in there!
Thank you Allison for your kind words. I hope the infection will clear up on its own, I am drinking alot of water and cranberry juice and I did take most of the antibotics, my phamisist is pretty upset he said calling in a new med is no problem. I am just giving up I cannot fight this system anymore, I spent so much money for a legitimate medical problem, also the pharm said since I had a allergic reaction to it it probably did not work right that is why I am still having the symptoms, can a urinary tract infection clear up onits own? I am still having pain in my back and lower stomach, I am afraid its going to spread to the kidneys untreated, I do not have the money so I hope it just goes away. I am so beaten down after all that money to be treated like this, can a Doctor do this? I am tired I just want to sleep. Debbie.

Reading this thread: