Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hello

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the positive attitude Annabel! Purpleisme, we hope to be able to provide you with the support you need. Post away, we'll do our best to answer your questions or give you some feedback. Danielle ___________________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anabel! I hope your enjoying the wonderful support here! We are all here for you! I cant believe you have that many cats hehe.....thats so cute. I look up to you for taking care of that many animals!!! We are here for you anytime! ;)
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! Just wanted to thank Purpleisme and Danielle for your messages of support and encoragement! It means a lot to me! Purpleisme, I am already in therapy and on meds and all. Actually I had a session today and I'm not feeling too well. Some of these sessions can be pretty tough... But I'll be fine! :o) Hope everyone is doing better! And Thanks once again! :o) Take Care, Ana
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello anabell, I feel the same way you do about living with panic and anxiety the rest of my life. It is depressing, but I just that one day at a time, see a psychologist and psychatrist, for help, Family and friends can help but some just don't get it. I hope the program helps- purpleisme :)
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annabel, Way to exercise some control over your life! Good job, be proud of yourself! Danielle __________________________________ The PC Support Team
Feeling but better, thank you!! :) And I've been taking the dog out... hehehe! The last couple of days have been a bit easy on me. Among all the things that are stressing me out, one was a family gathering that's happening tomorrow. I didn't want to go, for very valid reasons (maybe one day I'll share them with you), but was afraid to upset my Dad. This has happened dozens of times! I don't want to go, I take more meds than I should just not to have a panic attack in front of everybody and when I finaly get home, I have a panic attack anyway... It's very difficult for me to deal with this so this time around I gather the nerve and said "I'm not going. I'm too busy.". I'm 30 year old girl. I have the right to choose what I want or not want to do, within reason of course. My Dad actually replied if he could come up with a good excuse he wouldn't go either... heheeh. How your parents can surprise you huh? So I'm feeling better! One less thing to worry about! Even done some shopping and all! :) Thanks for being here, Cheryl! Hugs, Ana
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great! I look forward to hearing about it. Once you can get comfortable with it its really helpful. You can use it anytime as a way to help you relax when you are feeling anxious! I cannot believe you have all those animals. I just responded to your other post (about not being able to take the dog for a walk). I certainly hope you made it out or you're gonnna have one heck of a mess to clean up in the house!! :)
Hello Cheryl! Well, if you must know apart from the bonsai tree, I have 9 cats, a dog and a turtle. I heard that too. That it helps plants and it might help me too. I'll give it a go! After all she's the newsest member in my household. And I need all the hope I can get! I can't wait to do relaxation therapy. It's something I've never done before. Just meds, meds and more meds... :( Tomorrow will be my first time. I'll let you know how it went! Thank you! Hugs, Ana
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anabel....I love the thing you got going with your bonsai tree! What a great idea. They say that plants need to be talked to anyway, so you talking to her might just be theraputic for you. Let us know how you do with the relaxation therapy. I did it for a while. Felt kind of silly at first until I saw that it was working. Once you learn to truly relax you can do it at home. So pay attention when you go. My therapist actually had me bring a tape with me so we could record the session and I used it at home,
17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annabel, Welcome to the Panic Center online support group. The Panic Center offers personalized, interactive tools that have helped thousands of people challenge and overcome their anxiety and panic. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests. These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physicians advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. We also have developed a Panic Program. This program is 12-weeks and involves the tools mentioned above. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. Annabel, each person has unique goals in their treatment. Some wish to overcome specific fears, while others may be tired of going to the emergency room with panic symptoms. Whatever your motivation, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is a common and very effective treatment for anxiety and panic. You can use the tools whether or not you are taking medication, and whether or not you are currently seeing a therapist or mental health professional. We hope that you will take advantage of our free programs and please feel free to post with us again at your own pace. Melanie ______________________ The PC Support Team

Reading this thread: