Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Quote of the day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
- Napoleon Hill

I'll bet that anytime can be the pivotal time I want to change...
Red,
Nice to hear from you too.

Use the losses and failures of the past as a reason for action, not inaction.
- Charles J. Givens

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,
I have been doing pretty good..Still healing from surgery and dealing with some hypertensive heart disease that has come to light, the left side of my heart is a little enlarged now so I have to be careful that my bp doesn't get to high and damage it more. It has been slow going and I have been instructed to go easy with the exercise and to doing my walking early in the morning when it is still cool out or to move indoors and walk in a air conditioned climate..The heat is very hard on my blood pressure and heart..I walked early this morning  and did very well, but pushed it later in the morning and went to the swap meet in the heat..I pushed it to far this time and it did scare me a bit..I didn't think I was going to make it back to the car and this isn't the first time either. I guess I am going to have to stop pushing it so hard..I am not happy about it and it does make me a bit sad that I can not do what I want to do..I don't really like to come on and post here when I am not feeling all up and positive. I don't want to drag anyone down. Hopefully the doctor and I can come up with the right mix of meds. We are still working on it..The goal is to keep me mobile and out of a wheel chair..Anyway, enough about me for now..

So sorry to hear about your fall the other day and you hurting your neck..wish your chiropractor could help you today..Hoping the ice and heat does the trick for you..I guess taking it easy for the rest of the day might me a good idea for both of us..Weather we like it or not...

You mentioned feeling that your head is so chatty that it is hard to settle down and commit to anything. I have been feeling that way myself lately. Not really sure what direction to go in..Lots of confusion and chatter going on in there for me right now.  This is why I like the walking it helps me to relax and eases my mind for a while...

I notice there are lots of people that are not here anymore like you mentioned..I will try to stop by and check in more often.
I do like the conversation and keeping in touch with people and I guess the world out there too from time to time...

It was nice hearing and talking to you again..

Red.....

Hi Red,
I hope you're well.   There are so many people who pass through the forum, and kind of "disappear", for a while, or permanently.  I always wonder what became of so many. 

With respect to questions, my head is so chatty, it's hard to just settle down and commit to anything.

I fell the other day, and my neck isn't the same.  I decided to try some heat and alternate with ice.  I know my chiropractor can help, but he doesn't work weekends.  Today I might be able to get some massage, but things aren't very available on weekends.  Ice and heat might do the trick thought.

Keep in touch Red, it's great to hear different people
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hugs....

Interesting question, which invokes many more questions, doesn't it????

Red.

The only limits are, as always, those of vision.
- James Broughton

So I ask myself, what are my dreams?
What are your dreams?

The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.
- Ferdinand Foch

Without this goal, or any goal for that matter, I could end up anywhere
You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
- Wayne Dyer

A family member gave me a book by W Dyer many years ago, and I treasured it.  I went on to explore personal growth for a long time, and found many challenges which I still struggle with.

To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working.
- Dennis Weaver

..and focus on what is working
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed; and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying.
- Tom Hopkins
I am beginning to barely see the importance of there being risk  in failing, to feel "success".  If I lived by "luck" all the time, what kind of life would that be?  What is existance without effort?

Reading this thread: