Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Getting by.

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now that I'm back home I realize the only reason I didn't want to go to town was because I was tired. I couldn't find anyone to coffee with or I would have done that too. Certainly not an anxious day. Just a dull winter day. So now back to my projects since I got groceries too and can stay home for a while. Right now I'm going to make slow cooker spaghetti sauce. Supper will be sausage and sauerkraut and I have a piece of cherry sponge cake left. Next cake I make will be boiling water chocolate. 

Davit.
Karin used to go to town and I got used to it. She isn't here and I need ink for the printer so I have to go. I don't want to but not to the point it will bother me, I'd just rather do something else. I had best do it though before it snows or rains or both.

Davit
Years ago I put all I knew about panic attacks on paper at the request of some one. 36 pages. Again at her request I have added to it. Another 12 pages. A lot of time consuming research. Nice thing about a computer is that you can set aside a project like this and add to it when ever. My problem has been reading things that will not go into this booklet because they are too technical yet still interesting. I think I will print off what I have and send it to her. Another friend has read it and wants a copy for his daughter. I've been able to Email it so that saves time. I really must be careful because what started out as being just a collection of information in one spot could become a time consuming project.
Still it was fun and I think I'll set it aside for a while after I print off a couple of copies to full fill my promise. I'm sure over time I will find more to add. It may never be finished. And that is okay.

Still windy and snow predicted but it doesn't often snow when it blows but it could rain. It is warm enough.

Davit
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, I also post to help others, when I'm up to it. I used molasses for the first time in the breadmaker, and the constituency is what I feel like-slow, stuck and foggy. But there are bright spots. eg. I figured out how to get tires into my hatchback so the dealer could put them on. Also, the cost was high for a water pump and brake job, so I declined for a private mechanic, who I researched.
Nope.

Yes you do respond differently and that is your right, it is an open forum. We are all different.

Melting today, was supposed to snow but didn't. I'm allergic to Cedar so I'm working on my flower boxes pretty slow.
They are probably going to be pretty plain. 
Supposed to start raining Friday, what is this, it is January and I'm halfway to the north pole :-) As you might gather I'm not looking forward to slush and salt all over my car.

Davit
I think what you're saying is that my response could change, since the facts are objective. Others respond differently.
Back to emotions.

Your thinking I'm out to lunch. There is no way I'm going to love my neighbour and his barking dog. Or what ever. Well you are not supposed to. That is what the other emotions are for. Besides the neighbour and his dog are just a fact till you add one of those emotions. And emotions come from attitude. That is why not everyone will feel the same way about the dog. Some people may not even notice it. Given enough provocation someone might do something violent about it. It happens. But we are talking about you and me and our emotions. The dog barking is mechanical, how you feel is mental and how you deal with the mental is your choice. A barking dog is pretty extreme compared to some of the things people let bother them. Assertive is good but it has to start with you to see if it needs go farther. Love dies too easy. And some times it definitely isn't your fault. It just happens despite all you tried, but if you tried you can at least know you are helping to stay positive. Don't give up on it.

Davit.
Hugs

If I was a therapist I would be pointing out an issue in your post that you need to deal with but since I'm not and specifically not yours all I can do is point out that it is there. And this I do as support. If you don't see it then it isn't important. If it isn't important to you, then it isn't important to me. 

I have no trouble with needles, Even ones that hurt. That is just a fact forgotten as soon as possible. 

Davit
Red 

It is an emotion babies are born with. It is natural to have so you won't even notice it, But all positives come from it. You can have it and negatives. It will always try to surface sometimes with frustration and sometimes in the wrong place. And some times it will cause you pain but it is worth it. All your guesses are good positives, but they come from this one emotion just like core beliefs spring from one thought. In fact this emotion can build good and bad core beliefs just as it can cause good and bad feelings. All other emotions are acquired, you can not have them without having this one at some time.
Babies smile and grab your finger and will do this naturally until taught not to. Everything they learn to feel they acquire from experience but we all start off with this one emotion. 
It is love. You can not have happiness or hope or desire without love. You have to love yourself to feel these things. you have to love life if you really want to live it. Without love you can not forgive. Hate happens when there is no love. Hate is a strong word ten times stronger than dislike. Hate can only exist in the absence of love. 
Love can over ride all negatives, And for any one who has done it falling in love is some thing you have no control over. Falling out is acquired. 
Love yourself and your friends and life and your days will all be positive. I love my life, it could be better, it could be worse but love gets me through the rough spots. And I love my friends, and I count you as one.

Davit
Thanks for replying Red. I just post to get some support, and focus on progress not perfection. I cried during my dental cleaning, since mom had the same dentist for a while(and it's scary getting needles when the wrong spot it hit) But yesterday was perfect! And the hygienist is the best I've ever had!!

Reading this thread: