Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Hypnosis

9 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Recently tried hypnosis to locate some misplaced items with sentimental value. No success. The idea is to relax to the point where it opens up your subconscience mind to release the information. Unfortunately in my case I was so traumatized at the time that it may be locked away forever.

I do have a friend who tried hypnosis to quit smoking and was unsuccessful as well. It really comes down to really wanting to conquer an addiction so you might as well save yourself the money and rely on your own resolve. I give hypnosis a big thumbs down.

TS
9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the info toxicsoul,

Would also be great to hear from anyone who experienced hypnosis first hand. Has anyone tried it?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Dave,

After doing a fair bit of research I've decided against hypnosis. Seems like as you say, relaxation audio's are as effective. Furthermore, now that I've increased the distance from my quit date and continued to review the detrimental effects of alcohol, AV has pretty much been shut down. Really, how dare it suggest I start poisoning myself again. I'm no longer even considering having wine when I move. Guess I just needed to detox. Now I'm seriously considering joining a gym and doing weight training when I move. Instead of buying wine, I'll use the money to undo all the damage that wine did.

Just hope it's not too late.

TS
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi TS,

I haven't tried hypnosis with a professional, however, I don't see why it couldn't help. I do quite like listening to deep relaxation audio's though. 

All the best,

Dave
Just curious, has anyone ever tried hypnosis to help them quit drinking? I'm seriously considering this option as part of my arsenal since I am concerned about relapsing since it's happened before.

TS

Reading this thread: