Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Disulfiram

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great question Ellabee.

Members, has anyone taken Disulfiram in the past? What was this experience like for you?

Ellabee, have you spoken to your family doctor further about this medication? Perhaps he or she may be able to offer you further suggestions and monitor the side effects.

Keep us updated on how you are doing and we are here for you whenever you need us!

Sarah, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there who's tried Disulfiram and won't mind telling me what their experiences were? Given the possible side effects, I'm somewhat terrified to take it. I asked for it at a time that I thought I would not be able to control my urges but the reality of the drug I was about to ingest sort of snapped me out of my fog for a while. I know how stupid that sounds, given the damage I'm doing by binge drinking mass quantities of red wine on a regular basis, but until I get passed this I won't be able to take it. Taking it sounds like the right thing to do, to get me through the early stages of recovery. I'd love to get some opinions.

Take care,

Ellabee

Reading this thread: