Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

9 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the messages. Yesterday was Day 1 and I managed to exceed my goal!! I did have very high anxiety and depression but was able to pay more attention to my thought patterns and the thought/situation triggers at the time I was craving a drink. A few things that were very helpful from this site:

Typing out my goals and I was able to remind myself during times of desire to drink yesterday. I wrote them down on a paper that I kept in my pocket. I lost count of how many times I looked at it and repeated the goals out loud. 

I used the "wait 15min before you drink to let the craving pass". This helped a lot and forgot about my craving many times....hours went by and it was one of the longest days of my entire life..lol.

Keeping a journal also helped since I was able to map out the details on my mood and look at the bigger picture..the damage I am doing to my health, not to mention the bad things that have happened while under the influence.

Day 2 here we go!~

9 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome CrystalClear,

I am glad you found us. What has motivated you to come here today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago +1 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1
Congrats to both of you.  You are right, this site a lot.  Another member of this site started our "Day1" on the same day as well.  I do not think we have the same goals but they are close and it really helps that there is someone you communicate with COMPLETE honesty because you have no idea who they are but know the most important thing, they are feeling your pains and are struggling right there with you!
Good luck and take it day to day or hour to hour if needed!
9 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to you!!! I'm also new. I am on day 3. I always hated waking in the morning with that hangover. I also felt such guilt in the mornings. We both have the opportunity to begin our lives again. This site is so helpful. I've read and read.  When I get jittery, I jump on here. Best of luck on your journey. It truly is a day at a time, a hour at a time. Blessings!! 
9 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am happy that I stumbled upon this online support site. I am looking forward to reading other posts and also sharing my progress. This is my first day without alcohol. My day is half over and I am counting down the hours so I can wake up without an emotional hangover for the first time in months. 

One day at a time (one hour at a time),

CrystalClear

Reading this thread: