Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Quit date in T-4 hours

Poll ends: 2 years ago Poll: Did you use NRT's to help with cravings?

Select only 1 answer:

2 Yes
67%
1 No
34%
2 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Sorry to hear about your slip leebot. Just remember slips are part of the healing process. What did you learn from this slip?

As Timbo mentioned, stress is a huge trigger for many. Many people turn to cigarettes for stress relief. The thing is, smoking actually makes stress worse in the long run. Smoking raises your heart rate. It is helpful to try alternative ways to cope with stress. The more you practice these new ways to cope, the more automatic it comes. Timbo offers a great coping tip. How else do you think you can try coping with stress?

Take care,

Ashley

2 years ago +1 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a good tip Timbo637. Urges are def slowing down. They aren't as strong, and pretty manageable as i've had so many. I'm really proud of myself. Feels good. Only took 20 attempts lol But let's see how it goes.

• Quit Meter

$4,684.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 102 Hours: 5

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi LeeBot,

Sorry about the slip but happy to hear you are back on your quit journey. Sometimes slips do happen. We learn from our mistakes and that makes us stronger and wiser.

Stress is a big thing to overcome on your journey. The sad thing is that stress will always be with us even after we quit so we need to learn how to deal with it without a cigarette. One thing that I still use to this day is the breathing exercise to help deal with it. Slowly inhale through the nose, hold a few seconds then slowly exhale through the mouth. Do this four or five times and it really does help to relieve the stress, no matter where you are at. Don't do it to fast though or you might get light headed. 😉

Other than your slip it sounds like you are doing pretty good. You said "I am 17 days in. Wow, time really went by quickly.". That's a good sign as far as I'm concerned. 👍 Are the urges slowing down yet? Are you keeping busy?

Keep it up you quitter!!! 😎

Stay strong...and safe!

• Quit Meter

$22,941.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 763 Hours: 8

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago +1 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Hiya, yes, I am still on my quitting journey. According to my quit meter, I am 17 days in. Wow, time really went by quickly.

I do have a confession, on Wednesday, I had a slip. Two slips to be exact. It's not an excuse but it was an exceptionally stressful day. I knew that I shouldn't and that the craving would go away (just like all the ones previous) but, I did it anyways. Instead of dwelling and falling back into the smoke pit, I reset and am back on track 🙂

• Quit Meter

$4,684.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1

Hey LeeBot,

Are you still with us? Are you still on your quit journey? Hope it's going well for you.

Stay strong and safe!

• Quit Meter

$22,941.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1

Hi LeeBot!

Welcome to the group and congrats on getting started. It is very common for people to attempt to quit multiple times before they eventually quit for good. What did you learn from your last quit attempts? What worked and what didn't?

How are you doing today? If you had a slip, just know slips are a part of the learning process and not a failure. If you are still smoke free, congrats! You are almost through the hardest week.

Hope to read more from you soon,

Ashley

2 years ago +1 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1

Hi LeeBot,

You are at three days now. How's it going? Being smoke free for 3 days is awesome too! Keep it up. You've said that you've tried quitting so many times you've lost count. Were you able to quit for 3 days before? If so, what was your longest quit? If not, don't you just feel a tingling sensation of satisfaction with what you have accomplished already? 😉

Yes it can be hard, but it's well worth it. And since you are using the patch, it might seem easier than you thought it would be. Either way, the point I'm trying to make is that you ARE doing it. You will get used to the cravings in due time and they will become less powerful as the days or weeks go by. But for the first year or so, they will always be there lurking, waiting for a chance to make you cave in for one reason or another. Just be strong and you can do this.

Don't forget that you need to reward yourself for your accomplishments too. It helps to re-enforce your quit. You have every right to be proud of yourself for what you are doing and you need to give yourself a "pat on the back" so to say. It doesn't have to be expensive, or even cost anything. A good soak in a hot tub, a banana split, a trip to the zoo....anything that makes you feel good. (Just not a smoke or alcohol) 😀 Try and stay away from alcohol for a awhile if you can if you drink. You let your guard down too easily with it and it has blown many a quit journey.

I smoked for over 35 years, a pack a day, and more on the weekends and holidays, so I do sort of understand what you're going through. Your quit it different than mine was, but the end result is hopefully the same. Freedom from that darn NicoDemon.

If you get an urge that's overwhelming you, get on here and write about it. By the time you're done, hopefully it will have subsided.

Keep us updated with your journey too okay?

Stay strong and stay safe!

• Quit Meter

$22,941.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago +2 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Wow! youre at 2717 days smoke free! That's amazing! Im on Day 2. Using the patch as well. I find it helps with cravings.

I have been smoking for 25 years. About 6-10 cigarettes a day. Thanks for the positive vibes and suggestion. I have been perusing the chats. I find them helpful and a good way to buy time if I am having a craving ... like right now ;)

• Quit Meter

$4,684.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago (Edited 2 years ago) +2 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Hi LeeBot,

Welcome to the site!. I too used NRT to quit, at least at the start of my quit. I used the patch. It did seem to help me. Have you quit yet, or are you still thinking" about quitting?

Sorry I'm so late on responding to you. Haven't been on the site for awhile. It's been REAL quit lately. This site used to busy as heck with users then things started to taper off.

If you have them time, there is a lot of good reading in these forums to help you along your quit journey. Lots of struggles and a lot of success stories too!

How long have you been a smoker, and how many a day?

I wish you the best on your journey, and if you happen to slip that's okay. Just get back on your feet and keep giving it another go. Failures are part of the learning process.

Stay safe LeeBot.

• Quit Meter

$22,941.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

2 years ago +2 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

I find myself looking at my pack of cigarettes and wonder to myself - "Should I just 'go out' with one last hoorah and smoke em' all!. I have tried quitting in the past (too many times to count) but this is the first time I am trying a program based system. Who knew I would be writing my first post. Let's give er' a go. Nervous but hopeful.

• Quit Meter

$4,684.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: