Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

I recently quit smoking, and I feel horrible!

4 years ago (Edited 4 years ago) 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Jaxson,

Well done not smoking, how did you get along with seeing your doctor ?, you have started your quit journey and I am looking forward to reading your future posts, your doing great 👍

John

• Quit Meter

£6,664.14

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 355 Hours: 8

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago (Edited 4 years ago) +1 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Jaxson,

It's good to hear that you have already consulted your doctor about these issues. It's been a few days since your last post, how are you doing today?

Stay strong.

• Quit Meter

$22,996.05

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 765 Hours: 6

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago +1 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for your words of encouragement and knowledge. According to my doctor, smoking cigarettes literally cooks your gums, teeth, throat and lungs. He explained that the body becomes used to the coating of smoke/tar/toxins, and when you stop smoking the body has to readjust. When you smoke the blood flow is decreased throughout your body, which includes your oral cavities. Your mouth has some of the most sensitive parts in entire body, so when blood begins to flow there again to heal, every little thing feels amplified. My doctor stated that this was completely normal, and actually a very good sign that my body is healing and blood flow is starting to return to normal. Although it’s no fun right now, it certainly sounds like my body is healing.
  • Quit Meter

$238,229.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6576 Hours: 8

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jaxson,
 Congratulations on quitting smoking! /  What’s bothering me is I came down with strep throat two days after I quit, along with tonsillitis and a bad sinus infection! My eyes hurt, along with my gums and teeth. Smoking cigarettes covers up or hides a lot of ailments, and when we stop smoking we start to notice them. It could be a coincidence that you came down with the strep throat, tonsillitis and sinus infection right after you quit, then again maybe not. Have you consulted your doctor yet? As for your eyes hurting, that can be a side effect of quitting smoking, that and headaches along with a few other issues. I'm not sure about the gums and teeth, again, have you talked to your doctor about this? I truly have no desire or craving to smoke. That's great to hear. A positive attitude helps you on your quit journey. Keep that can do attitude with you at all times. / I'm sure your wife is happy you quit, and I hope your son is old enough to understand how hard this can be on you at times. I wish you the best on your quit Journey Jaxson.
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$22,996.05

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 765 Hours: 6

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit smoking four days ago. I smoked between 10 and 20 cigarettes a day for about three years. I never smoked in my life before that, I started when I was about 32 years old. I’m still very active and play sports, most importantly I have a wife and a five-year-old son; so I simply do not want to hurt my body anymore. So I quit cold turkey, and I truly have no desire or craving to smoke. What’s bothering me is I came down with strep throat two days after I quit, along with tonsillitis and a bad sinus infection! My eyes hurt, along with my gums and teeth. I don’t know if any of this is typical or if anyone else has experienced it. Thanks everybody.
  • Quit Meter

$238,229.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you for your words of encouragement and knowledge. According to my doctor, smoking cigarettes literally cooks your gums, teeth, throat and lungs. He explained that the body becomes used to the coating of smoke/tar/toxins, and when you stop smoking the body has to readjust. When you smoke the blood flow is decreased throughout your body, which includes your oral cavities. Your mouth has some of the most sensitive parts in entire body, so when blood begins to flow there again to heal, every little thing feels amplified. My doctor stated that this was completely normal, and actually a very good sign that my body is healing and blood flow is starting to return to normal. Although it’s no fun right now, it certainly sounds like my body is healing.
  • Quit Meter

$238,229.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I quit smoking four days ago. I smoked between 10 and 20 cigarettes a day for about three years. I never smoked in my life before that, I started when I was about 32 years old. I’m still very active and play sports, most importantly I have a wife and a five-year-old son; so I simply do not want to hurt my body anymore. So I quit cold turkey, and I truly have no desire or craving to smoke. What’s bothering me is I came down with strep throat two days after I quit, along with tonsillitis and a bad sinus infection! My eyes hurt, along with my gums and teeth. I don’t know if any of this is typical or if anyone else has experienced it. Thanks everybody.
  • Quit Meter

$238,229.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: