Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,483 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Second day of no smoking

4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Little Hawk,

Congrats on getting started! I am sorry you are having bad cravings. They are no fun at all! Just remember, if you slip you can always keep trying. Keep quitting on your mind and eventually a quit will stick. We will be here to support you no matter what happens. 
Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Little Hawk,
 You have been smoke free for a whole week already, time to celebrate!  How are you doing today? Hell week.... completed, heck week... in progress. You are doing great, keep it up! 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,159.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 16

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi little hawk,

congratulations on taking your power back and thank you for coming here and sharing your experiences. it definitely helps me and i hope i can give back a little of what these guys gave me. you said: "it seems to be a huge lifestyle change for me and a little lonely." it is a huge lifestyle change, but the beauty of this site is that we can do it together.

i'm on my 26th day. but if you see some of my posts over the past 3 weeks, it was about just showing up and sharing here rather than picking up. for me, i could be honest here -- weak, or depressed, or uncertain -- and there was always someone encouraging me to get through it. and if i can do it, so can you. even if it seems dumb, just log on and start typing. by the time you finished, chances are that the worst of the cravings will have passed. it does get easier, i promise. and you're in the right place to get back to being the non-smoker you once were. :)

camille

• Quit Meter

$6,503.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 265 Hours: 15

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Little Hawk,
 Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center. Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking!! You are on day three now, how are you doing so far? Like Pappy said, there IS a reason they call the first week smoke free hell week.   Have you tried quitting before? How long have you smoked? 
 You are right. It is a HUGE lifestyle change. Your emotions are on a roller coaster ride, and every little thing seems to rub you the wrong way right now. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's going to take some time to get there. Try not to rush it and just concentrate on the here and now. When the urges get bad, try the breathing exercise to help calm yourself down. Slowly inhale through your nose, hold a couple of seconds then slowly exhale through your mouth. Do this a few times and you'll be surprised how much it helps you to calm down. Drinking lots of water the first few days helps to wash the toxins out of your system. Munching on ice, or carrots, other veggies or even sugar free candy helps to fight the urges too. Do whatever you have to do to keep from caving in and lighting one up. You're actually fighting for your life right now, is one way to look at it. By quitting, your life expectancy will be longer, you will be healthier, and you'll be able to enjoy your grandchildren. 
 If you have the time, go through the "my program" program at the top of the page. There is some good info and advice in there. Then, as Pappy suggested, read through the forums here. There is a ton of good tips, hints and advice in here too. You can also see what mistakes others did so you won't make the same mistake... hopefully.  Hang in there and try and stay busy if you can. It will get easier, but it's going to take some time to adjust. It also helps to get on here and post, especially if you are having an urge. By the time you finish, the urge "should" be gone. Venting helps too. We have all been through what you are going through, so we DO understand how hard it can be. 
Stay strong Little Hawk!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,159.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 16

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome. Congratulations for making the decision to quit. As Pappy said the first week is the hardest for most of us. I can relate to your feeling of loneliness as you feel like you are missing your go-to for everything. It feels like losing a friend when in actual fact its your brain readjusting to losing a habit and even this early your brain is healing. Hang in there....it gets easier. Keep us posted.
  • Quit Meter

$13,808.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 100 Hours: 22

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Pappy for the words of encouragement and advice. I have read others posts and they are very helpful. Funny I kind of rolled my eyes when my doctor suggested I get in a support group. Now I see why.
  • Quit Meter

$317,828.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7815 Hours: 12

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Little Hawk!! You are in what we call HELL week and for sure it's not an easy week to get through.  Try to find things to keep your hands and mind occupied. You are almost there. You have made it through two days now on to day three. It for sure is a major life change both physically and emotionally but over time will get easier as each day passes. Be sure to read through the other posts here in the forum you will find them quite helpful. Just remember one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Your doing great!!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,048.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 367 Hours: 21

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 2 with No cigarettes. It has been much harder than I thought even using my prescription drug to help. My whole life seems turned up side down right now and all I can really do is work and try not to smoke when I am not working. It seems to be a huge lifestyle change for me and a little lonely. I really want to quit and see my kids get older and start their families. The cravings are bad even on the drugs.
  • Quit Meter

$317,828.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7815 Hours: 12

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: